Flirc Forums

Using Flirc with Amazon fireTV

tonyski

I've just got a Fire TV and Flirc to use with my Harmony.

I downloaded the Flirc/Fire TV device on to the remote, plugged the flirc into the Fire TV and it works great.

But - there are important commands missing. For example, there's no "info", no "stop", no pop up "context"  menu button.

Where can I get them from?

Edited by keiron99

Thanks but I am not sure what you mean.

I downloaded the Kodi app onto my FireTV.

I downloaded the Flirc Fire TV configuration onto my Harmony.

I plugged the Flirc into the Fire TV.

But I am limited to the same number of controls on Kodi as all other apps on the Fire TV.

So, there's no info button, and no context menu, for example. 

Is it just a limitation of Kodi on Fire TV

Kodi is considered a separate device.

What you'll want to do is Add another device to your harmony. Manufacturer 'Flirc'. Device 'firetv'

That will add all the specific firetv buttons. Kodi has a bunch more buttons, so it's worth it to keep them both.

Let me know if that makes sense. See here for step/step instructions: https://flirc.gitbooks.io/flirc-instructions/content/universal-remote-controls/logitech-harmony-remote-controls/firetv.html

Get out of your activity, and select the FireTV device exclusively. If you see the buttons are there, then it's a matter of getting them into your activity. If they aren't there, we've got a problem with the harmony software, I really don't think that's the case. I have a 650 somewhere I can try and test this on.

Clicking OK/select while playing will bring up player options I believe it also has codec info.
For scrolling page at a time of listed library. Press right. Which move to the scroll bar. Then press down to go down a page.

Then press left to move off the scroll bar and down to move down 1 item at a time.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I am on the same boat, have got Harmony Ultimate, Fire TV Gen1 and FLIRC on firmware 4.12. I cant get the long press home button working. if I double click I get a help screen on long press. But long press just keep sending the home key repeatedly.

Have we got a solution or we are still without a solution.

Thanks  

Edited by jainpankaj

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 3/3/2018 at 11:11 AM, jainpankaj said:

Hi

I am on the same boat, have got Harmony Ultimate, Fire TV Gen1 and FLIRC on firmware 4.12. I cant get the long press home button working. if I double click I get a help screen on long press. But long press just keep sending the home key repeatedly.

Have we got a solution or we are still without a solution.

Thanks  

Hi,

See my post today that shows how to do this with a 650. Not sure if it'll work with an Ultimate, but worth a go?

• 8 months later...

found this old discussion thread.  Just bought a Harmony 650 ($20 used on ebay) and see if I attach a FLIRC USB ($15) to my FIRETV (4k aka Gen2) via a OTG cable I likely can make the firetv work.  That there is a profile for FLIRC/FIRETV, which is kind of cool.  So guess I will invest in this.  Thanks to all the originators of the profile and the tests.  

• 3 months later...

I have a harmony 665 (=650),  flirc gen2 and FireTV 4K working - kind of.  While short presses of the directional, select and back buttons work, long pressing of buttons does not work.  This is a problem for me with running my SageTV app which requires long pressing of the select button to bring up a menu.  Does anyone have long pressing of remote buttons working with this kind of setup???  I can seem to find any definitive info. on this, so I am guessing long pressing needs to be added, or, I have set something up wrong.

• 4 weeks later...

I searched for Amazon Fire Cube and this was the closest thread I could find here. So:

-Does flirc work with the Fire Cube Gen2 ??

-Besides a Flirc and Cube is all I should need is a micro usb > usb adapter ??

I have  new Flirc and have the latest firmware. I have programmed the Flirc with my URC MX-900  to the Amazon Fire configuration and saved. Am I all set to go?? Just want to confirm that this will work with the Cube Gen2 before I go to BB and buy one .

Edited by tngiloy

53 minutes ago, jason said:

Yes, you need a USB on the go adapter. However, I have an new product with one built in. Any chance you’d want one for free in exchange for some helpful feedback?

yes I would love to trial your test hardware.  Currently have a FIRESTICK working with the older FLIRQ via USB and my logictec Harmony 650.  email me ktjensen(at)gmail(dot)com

Edited by offroad

2 hours ago, jason said:

Yes, you need a USB on the go adapter. However, I have an new product with one built in. Any chance you’d want one for free in exchange for some helpful feedback?

Heck Yeah ! I will be happy to act as a 'beta' or 'early adopter' or whatever and provide feedback.

I'm not sure how to get you my address though.