Flirc Forums

flirc causing random scrolling and clicking

matanlir

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok, I have been using RC 9 with my Windows 7 Pro, x64 XBMC Gotham 13.2 with my Visio TV remote for almost two weeks.  I still have the random scrolling issues, although they are reduced....somewhat.

I have cleared the configuration and reprogrammed all buttons several times.

What can I do to help you solve the mystery?

Ok.. Using RC12 now..Running off Windows 7 Pro, 32bit for programming and running XBMC. And once the firmware is upgraded I cannot program it.  The menus and buttons on the screen flicker as it being selected rapidly..which will only stop when the Flirc is removed from the USB ports.  If I restart the application and re-insert the Flirc, this problem reappears.   I am open to ideas.

Ok, I have been using RC 9 with my Windows 7 Pro, x64 XBMC Gotham 13.2 with my Visio TV remote for almost two weeks.  I still have the random scrolling issues, although they are reduced....somewhat.

I have cleared the configuration and reprogrammed all buttons several times.

What can I do to help you solve the mystery?

Can you try enabling the noise canceler in the advanced settings? Could you also post your configuration?

Ok.. Using RC12 now..Running off Windows 7 Pro, 32bit for programming and running XBMC. And once the firmware is upgraded I cannot program it.  The menus and buttons on the screen flicker as it being selected rapidly..which will only stop when the Flirc is removed from the USB ports.  If I restart the application and re-insert the Flirc, this problem reappears.   I am open to ideas.

There is something that is really noises by the setup. Figure out what's causing it. Could be a light or a near by power supply. Remove that element. And reformat the device.

Ok, I am using RC12.

Using a Windows 7 Pro 32 bit computer, I did a complete format, removed the device, restarted the program, forced a firmware upgrade.

Unplugged the flirc again, closed the program and restarted it.

Inserted the Flirc again, and proceeded to program as normal, selecting the noise canceller as suggested.  There are no other IR sources in the room except the TV and that receives, but does not broadcast.

It appeared to work, but when I inserted the Flirc into a USB port on the mother board, no extension cables, no usb hubs, i still had repeated and random scrolling.

I am using a Vizio XRT010 remote, a Gigabyte Brix PC, using an Intel USB 2.0 port.

The OS of this computer is Windows 7 Professional SP1 x64, running XBMC Gotham 13.2.

I have attached my config from the Flirc. 

What else might help you to troubleshoot?

my_flirc_config.fcfg

Hello. I'm new on this board :)

Okay, so I've just started using FLIRC with RaspBMC and OPENelec and I experienced random key repeats. Firmware version is 3.0

Tryed it on my Mac: same thing. Tried different remotes, keyboard: same. When I open a text editor on my Mac and use an IR keyboard, I can see what's happening by keeping keys pressed for several seconds: some key inputs generate one response, others, from other keys, several in an unsteady rythm. The same behaviour when I use a simple remote with RaspBMC: sometimes a key gets pressed once, other times more than that. At the moment, FLIRC is unusable for me.

Edited by Mathead