Flirc Forums

Pre-order from December 2022

tommyboy39

Good day,

When I pre-ordered the skip 1s back in December of 2022, the skip web site stated that they would be shipping in February of 2023. The email confirmation I received states shipping in Fall of 2022. It is now April 9, 2023 and I have not received any notification about shipping. I have made 2 attempts so far to contact you via a reply email (one on 3.25.2023 and another on 3.30.203.) and both have gone unanswered to this point. The email states I can reply to it or send an email to noreply@flirc.tv. I have not tried the noreply@flirc.tv as of yet. I guess I will try it as well and see what happens.

I get the whole supply chain thing, bugs and fixes, delays, and that you are at the mercy of the ones putting these devices together for you but some type update would be nice, especially since it did not ship out on time.

• 1 month later...
On 4/9/2023 at 10:01 AM, tommyboy39 said:

Good day,

When I pre-ordered the skip 1s back in December of 2022, the skip web site stated that they would be shipping in February of 2023. The email confirmation I received states shipping in Fall of 2022. It is now April 9, 2023 and I have not received any notification about shipping. I have made 2 attempts so far to contact you via a reply email (one on 3.25.2023 and another on 3.30.203.) and both have gone unanswered to this point. The email states I can reply to it or send an email to noreply@flirc.tv. I have not tried the noreply@flirc.tv as of yet. I guess I will try it as well and see what happens.

I get the whole supply chain thing, bugs and fixes, delays, and that you are at the mercy of the ones putting these devices together for you but some type update would be nice, especially since it did not ship out on time.

Sending again. I've sent another 300 out and should get the rest soon, see the larger thread on this, and I'm so so sorry.

17 minutes ago, tommyboy39 said:

Received it last weekend. It just randomly showed up on June 3, I believe. Now I will just have to find time to expiriment with it.

When trying to pair it with a dish joey, I was unable to. I could get my other remotes paired.

I’m not familiar with dish Joey. But I imagine your dish Joey needs to be paired with the remote. 

you must first connect to a computer and add a device. I’m not sure if I have dish Joey in the database, I’ll check when I get to my computer.

But if not, sounds like you need to add a random device that doesn’t conflict with what’s in your current setup and then pair with fish Joey. 

No configuration is loaded on the device when you receive it. So if you took it out of the box and tried to use it, what happened was expected. 

I hooked it into my pc. I did a basic test to see which remotes would function with the 1s.

I selected dish within the add section. Tried every device in the drop down list and nothing when selecting the test button within skip app for my pc.

The dish joey is a secondary receiver to the main dish hopper or a satelite receiver to the main "satelite" receiver.

My receiver is called Joey 3. The remote looks the same as the hopper 3 remote.