Flirc Forums

Resync Button

Jilas671

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so I just fired up the app, plugged in the remote, and the "Synced" button is ticked and grayed out.  I cannot tell it to sync.

The example I keep hitting is when I fine tune something, e.g I fired up the app, made a changed to how often a code is repeated, from 1 to 3, then plugged in the remote, and I cannot sync.  Change it back from 3 to 1, still nothing, now change it from 1 to 3 (with the remote plugged in) only then can I sync the change.

So maybe there is some version checking on the remotes code, in the app that's not firing the button to ungray itself. And maybe this needs fixing, to show when a change needs to be sync'd.

My request was just to have the option to do a manual sync even if everything appears the same.  Happy to go into further detail of log if that's needed to see why it's not offering a sync when a change is made.  

On 4/15/2023 at 2:52 AM, Jilas671 said:

The example I keep hitting is when I fine tune something, e.g I fired up the app, made a changed to how often a code is repeated, from 1 to 3, then plugged in the remote, and I cannot sync. 

If this is really this case, you are experiencing a bug. You should fire up the app, make changes with the remote disconnected, connect the remote, and have the option to then sync. If you don't have that option, there's something wrong. You might make sure, when firing up the app, that the name of the remote you are editing with the remote unplugged is the same as the name when plugged in. 

Well I just described a situation that happens, so err yes its really happening (and yes it was the right remote that was getting edited that was connected).

So yes I guess then this is a bug as has been around for a few version.

But the suggestion was beyond a specific bug, and was just suggesting to have the button available to sync as long as the right remote is connected (even if the code suggests the remote might be the same as what's present in the editor).

The why is that as has been mentioned before by Jason, that USB is a pain, there are just so many ways it can be weird, then multiple this level of weird with Windows, Mac and Linux (in the future).  Just having the option always present when a remote is connected will just make everyone life easier.

• 6 months later...

Same here with Skip App 0.9.953-beta on Linux.

When I'm changing Repeat from 1 to 0 (which is a pain anyways and does not even work with Windows App - is there a way to move the slider using the keyboard?), I'm not able to sync the change to the remote.

Because in fact the remote is sending the repeat code (both with Repeat set to 0 or 1, and after changing something else and syncing) I'm wondering

1) If Repeat=0 should work (I think so)?

2) Why I'm unable to set Repeat=0 with Windows App?

3) Why the remote is sending repeat code even with Repeat=0 set (and sync-ed)?

I would prefer to have a "force sync" function anyways (although the App appears to be intelligent enough to detect mismatches between App and remote most of the time, maybe on Admin panel?) ...

Thank you!

• Like 1