Flirc Forums

Power Button not working at all

Jilas671

I've seen other people post they have the power button used for switching modes between activities, which I agree with most posters, I'd rather the Activity button does that.

But skipping over that.  My problem is more basic.  I've tried to assigned lots of things to my power button and the remote never sends ANY data out.  I have the flirc running in debug mode and I'm seeing nothing come out of the remote.  Is this a firmware issue?

I'm on:

Remote Model skip.1s.release.a05

Firmware 4.12.10-0-ga6a774d

Edit:

I've now tested my second skip remote, and this does send data when the power button is pressed with the same model and firmware release. 

Edit2:

Tried to reset the unit, removed it from the account and now I can't sync, and get "An Error occurred while synchronizing"....

Edit3:

After many heart stopping moments with firmware, the app crashing and weird complaining, got flashed to:

4.12.11-4-g394f15d

And now the remote seems to send data again.  Not sure if the firmware, or the repeated battery removals, resyncs did something.  But Ok for now.

Edited by Jilas671