Flirc Forums

Stream Key

Jilas671

I think the app calls it the stream key (multi coloured button above Mute).  If I understand it, that enables you to bind new remotes onto the direction keys.   Would it be possible to be able to enable it so you could add extra functions to any key on the remote.   

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2023 at 9:54 AM, Jilas671 said:

I think the app calls it the stream key (multi coloured button above Mute).  If I understand it, that enables you to bind new remotes onto the direction keys.   Would it be possible to be able to enable it so you could add extra functions to any key on the remote.   

We're actually working on something very like this, but by making most buttons capable of doing another key with a long press. 

You have all this buttons doing nothing with the stream key active, that it might be an easy option for somethings that might be off normal use. 

I'd see it useful for climate IR controls, or manual Input selections for hdmi channels, stuff you want a set away from regular use.

The Long press is interesting, and may answer another of my questions (I'll comment on that).

It would be cool to have both long press in normal mode, and opening up the stream keys beyond the direction pad, because that just gives everyone more options.  But understand there might be memory limits to what the remote can actually support.

• 2 months later...

I think this would be a great feature.  A long press is good for somethings, but not for others.  For example, I have a 2nd volume control, voice volume on my sound bar.  It would be great to use the stream button to go to a 2nd function of the volume keys to be able to adjust the voice volume.  I am not sure how a long press would help with this as it would take multiple long presses to change the voice volume.