Flirc Forums

Manhattan TR-3 Freeview Play recorder

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Jilas671 said:

Watching with interest.  I have Flirc if someone could just tell me how to record them.

I haven't had time to grab a remote or try to find the codes.

You can grab our latest Flirc Usb software, go to file->device log. Enable IR logging. And as you press each button, copy the text that shows up, paste it to a text file with which button you pressed. And I'll take a look, analyze, clean it up.

• Thanks 1

As I've posted elsewhere the flirc software on Windows, Norton is (wrongly) getting flagged up as a virus and getting instantly deleted.

It would be useful if that can be checked and confirmed all is ok, before I do a leap of faith and ignore the warnings.  Just anything is possible with viruses no matter how careful everyone is, and one may have gotten in without getting noticed.  

The Mac version isn't reporting any issues and working ok, so I will post full list of codes shortly.

6 hours ago, Jilas671 said:

As promised, codes for the Manhattan T3-R remote.

If anything needs redoing please let me know.  More than happy to help out.

Manhattan T3-R Remote IR Codes.txt 13.62 kB · 2 downloads

Excellent job with that, try the following and let me know using the guide

here.

Manhattan T3-R.json

• Thanks 1

Just completed some testing. Initially just added the new remote to the existing activity.   And then using a second activity to test all of the other buttons that wasn't mapped on the first try (I have a feature request on that one I'll post in a bit).

So what I found (and checked both files) was I think a copy/paste failure when you processed them, and the Menu Info button was given the code for Menu Guide, its so easy to copy the wrong one or not copy and paste twice - I lost count the number of times I did this copying on the mac and then pasting it into the PC (that and needing to switch keys from cmd to ctrl - in case you are wondering Symless's Synergy virtual KVM so so handy).

Plus while I had both remotes out and testing functions I checked the Vol+/-/Mute and those do things on the box.  I never knew that was a thing as always use my amp to control sound.  So apologies for missing those.

So I've scanned all four buttons to make life easier (I hope) and created a new file just with them.  When you get a chance if you can take a look at the codes and add them in and I'm happy to.

This raised a couple of general questions so I will post them in the other areas if you can take a look I'd be interested in your feedback.

Thanks again

Manhattan T3-R Remote IR Codes pt2.txt

14 hours ago, Jilas671 said:

Just completed some testing. Initially just added the new remote to the existing activity.   And then using a second activity to test all of the other buttons that wasn't mapped on the first try (I have a feature request on that one I'll post in a bit).

So what I found (and checked both files) was I think a copy/paste failure when you processed them, and the Menu Info button was given the code for Menu Guide, its so easy to copy the wrong one or not copy and paste twice - I lost count the number of times I did this copying on the mac and then pasting it into the PC (that and needing to switch keys from cmd to ctrl - in case you are wondering Symless's Synergy virtual KVM so so handy).

Plus while I had both remotes out and testing functions I checked the Vol+/-/Mute and those do things on the box.  I never knew that was a thing as always use my amp to control sound.  So apologies for missing those.

So I've scanned all four buttons to make life easier (I hope) and created a new file just with them.  When you get a chance if you can take a look at the codes and add them in and I'm happy to.

This raised a couple of general questions so I will post them in the other areas if you can take a look I'd be interested in your feedback.

Thanks again

Manhattan T3-R Remote IR Codes pt2.txt 1.49 kB · 4 downloads

Let me know if the attached is better.Manhattan T3-R.json

You'll want to re-import. It'll prompt you to overwrite. But you will need to re-add the device in the wizard again.

• Thanks 1

That works perfectly, all the codes work, as expected.  Thank you.

I wish I knew what you were doing to massage the data in IrScruntinizer, as I've never been able to replicate the codes you produce from the same scanned codes.  But what ever it is.  It works great. 

Thank you again.

Edited by Jilas671

21 hours ago, Jilas671 said:

That works perfectly, all the codes work, as expected.  Thank you.

I wish I knew what you were doing to massage the data in IrScruntinizer, as I've never been able to replicate the codes you produce from the same scanned codes.  But what ever it is.  It works great. 

Thank you again.

I wrote my own decoders, analyzers, and convertors. It's a command line app now and I would publish it but it's not a part of my other repo that automatically cross compiles and signs stuff. I'll get to it soon.

• Thanks 1