Flirc Forums

Cambridge Audio EDGE A support

Thank you for adding this device. I just tested it.

Most of the commands work well.

"Toggle Mute" mutes the amp. By clicking the button the 2nd time nothing happens. I assigned "Mute on" an "Mute off" to the mute button. This muted the amp for a moment end then unmuted it. Is there another solution?

Here https://techsupport.cambridgeaudio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000271837-EDGE-A-RS232-Codes

you can find on page 3 the different sources you can activate on this amp. To set up an activity in SkipApp it is needed to define the source so the amp knows, what to play. Can you please add the sources to the commands of EDGE A?

Thank you

EDGE A sources.png

I just tested all commands with my device. Many work :-)

As said before: "Toggle Mute" mutes the amp. By clicking the button the 2nd time nothing happens. I assigned "Mute on" an "Mute off" to the mute button. This muted the amp for a moment end then unmuted it.

Not fully working: Input Next / Input Previous. Both commands select the next / previous input, but it works only once. The input selector is a row, so "Input next" should select the next input clockwise and "Input previous" should select the next input anticlockwise, both with no limitation.

2 hours ago, taeb said:

I just tested all commands with my device. Many work :-)

As said before: "Toggle Mute" mutes the amp. By clicking the button the 2nd time nothing happens. I assigned "Mute on" an "Mute off" to the mute button. This muted the amp for a moment end then unmuted it.

Not fully working: Input Next / Input Previous. Both commands select the next / previous input, but it works only once. The input selector is a row, so "Input next" should select the next input clockwise and "Input previous" should select the next input anticlockwise, both with no limitation.

Can you share with me your json you are using?

On 3/24/2023 at 12:02 PM, taeb said:

Thank you for adding this device. I just tested it.

Most of the commands work well.

"Toggle Mute" mutes the amp. By clicking the button the 2nd time nothing happens. I assigned "Mute on" an "Mute off" to the mute button. This muted the amp for a moment end then unmuted it. Is there another solution?

Here https://techsupport.cambridgeaudio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000271837-EDGE-A-RS232-Codes

you can find on page 3 the different sources you can activate on this amp. To set up an activity in SkipApp it is needed to define the source so the amp knows, what to play. Can you please add the sources to the commands of EDGE A?

Thank you

EDGE A sources.png

Can you please add the different sources to the json of Cambridge Audio EDGE A and find a solution for the Toggle Mute command and:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/30/2023 at 2:50 AM, taeb said:

Hi there

For more than 1 month I haven't heard from you. I can't use my remote, because code is missing for my Cambridge Audio EDGE A. That's annoying. Please complete the code.

Thank you

I'm adding this to a ticket so Jason can make sure he doesn't lose it. In the meantime, I'd suggest, since Mute and Un-Mute are different commands, to put them on different buttons, if you happen to have a free button near the bottom of the remote. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi there

My remote is near my Mac, because I hope I can use it soon after an update.

Until now it's for months not possible to use it, because my amp can't be controlled with the Skip 1s. There are several commands missing. Whan can I hope to use my remote?