Flirc Forums

Two WMC computers in same room

genesound

I have 2 Windows 7 Media Center computers in the same room. One is normally the media server, and the other is normally my PC, but sometimes I need to switch if I've recorded something that is cable card encrypted, copy protected as play once, and gets recorded on my PC, but not on my media server. The system includes 2 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Primes, a Pioneer Elite Receiver/ Home Theater, a regular, generic, non-programmable, HP WMC remote and a Lenovo WMC USB IR receiver, and it all works ok. I also have a Harmony 700.

I now also have added an HP MediaSmart TV Remote (remote only, no HP TV - P/N 5189-3683) that can be programmed for various CBL, DVD, AVR and AUX devices, as well as the non-configurable HP MediaSmart TV Profile. It apparently uses the XBMC command set for the TV Profile from what I've read, which apparently is different than the WMC command set, as the remote does not control my WMC server using that TV Profile. It can achieve somewhat limited WMC functionality by loading the right code into one of the other CBL, DVD, AVR, or AUX profiles, but the limited usage is pre-determined by the hardware in so much as what buttons and functions actually do anything in those modes.

The remote: HP MediaSmart TV RC2285202/01 P/N 5189-3683:  http://www.giftspub.com/HP%20MediaSmart%20TV%20remote%20setting%20manual.pdf

The MediaSmart TV that the remote was made for:  http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us&product=3369894&dlc=en&docname=c01445164#N1099

So, my plan is to use FLIRC to work with TV Profile on that MediaSmart remote, to operate my WMC 7 media server. I'll use the standard WMC remote system with my other PC. Are my assumptions correct and should that work? 

If so, this should then allow my Harmony 700 remote to be able to control either WMC and everything else in the system, and I'll also have the dedicated remotes, one for each WMC, and the remotes should not interfere with each other. 

Edited by genesound