Flirc Forums

Enter button doesn't work anymore

nak0604

I have came across an issue with the remote. The enter button for the TV I have programed no longer works, every other single button works on the remote I can do everything but use the enter button. I have tried to downgrade the firmware to 4.12.10 but that just caused the updater to crash at 16% every time I tried. I had to take the batteries out to get it back into a DFU state. I flashed 4.12.11 Beta firmware that I was on and that worked fine. I also reset all the configurations on the remote to factory settings and set the remote back up. During setup I noticed that when I tested the buttons nothing worked. I procceded to configure the remote with known settings from before. Everything worked except the enter button for the remote. Even reinstalling the latest 0.9.69 Beta app and setting up the remote doesnt work.

Edited by nak0604
Additional Troubleshooting was conducted

I apologize, I was going to add all the specifics at the end and just posted it. The TV I have is a Vizio OLED 55-H1 just for the case of having all the information I do have a Bose Soundbar 500 (all the buttons work with the soundbar). The TV enter button is set to enter like it always has been since I first set the remote up and it’s been working ever since a week ago now. 

Edited by nak0604
Found exact model of tv

On 3/13/2023 at 12:52 PM, nak0604 said:

I apologize, I was going to add all the specifics at the end and just posted it. The TV I have is a Vizio OLED 55-H1 just for the case of having all the information I do have a Bose Soundbar 500 (all the buttons work with the soundbar). The TV enter button is set to enter like it always has been since I first set the remote up and it’s been working ever since a week ago now. 

Can you try replacing the Enter button with the Cursor Enter button? I also have a Vizio and I had to do that. (Or if it's set to Cursor Enter, switch it to Enter.) There's a chance that a beta update changed the default enter button. 

• Thanks 1