Flirc Forums

5x1 HDMI Switcher - HDSW0015M1

Go to solution Solved by jason,

I have a 5x1 HDMI Switcher that I've been using for several years, and I'm trying to verify that'll I'll be able to program it into this remote before I purchase it. The brand on it is "FiveHome", but other identical versions can be found on Amazon under different brand names. (Here is the exact one I have: https://www.amazon.com/HDMI-FiveHome-Switcher-Wireless-Support/dp/B076XWNQP9) After some time, I did manage to find the model number in one of the other brands' listings - HDSW0015M1. I've spent hours trying to scour the internet for the pronto codes for it, per your instructions, but have been pretty unsuccessful in finding out anything conclusive. Do you know a place to find a more comprehensive database that would include more obscure devices like this? I was able to add it to my older Harmony 650 remote years ago pretty easily, so I'm hoping I can do the same with this one. I'll be buying a Skip 1s remote as soon as I know it will work with this device. I'm hoping not to have to wait until this remote is able to learn commands directly using IR sensors. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Oh, and just in case it helps in finding the pronto codes, here is how Harmony labeled the device after adding it to that: "HDMI Switch [FiveHome FW2501]". Not sure if that FW2501 number is helpful in any way, since the model number I mentioned earlier is different from that. But figured I'd include it just in case.

Edit: And the remote for the device is very simple, just 9 buttons: power on; power off; input 1; input 2; input 3; input 4; input 5; next input (up 1); previous input (down 1).

Edited by Rocky2418

Thanks for getting that done so fast, I appreciate it. I just need help with one more step, though. I tried to add that file using the Add button within the Admin/Brands tab, as instructed - but each time I try, I just get the error message "Object doesn't support property or method 'replaceAll'." I'm hoping you know how to deal with that - maybe just some simple thing I'm missing. Let me know, and again, thanks!

14 minutes ago, Rocky2418 said:

Thanks for getting that done so fast, I appreciate it. I just need help with one more step, though. I tried to add that file using the Add button within the Admin/Brands tab, as instructed - but each time I try, I just get the error message "Object doesn't support property or method 'replaceAll'." I'm hoping you know how to deal with that - maybe just some simple thing I'm missing. Let me know, and again, thanks!

It's a bug in the Windows version, will be fixed very soon, see (one of) the latest posts in the topic below...

Edited by c.dennis
Typos

I saw that today's update fixed that bug, as promised, so I was able to add my HDMI Switch. Since I now know that the remote will work with my most obscure device, I went ahead and ordered one. Thanks for all your hard work!

I've seen some others here having problems with their Sony Blu-ray player working with the remote when using the "Most Models (Blu Ray)" option. As one of my four devices is a BDP-S580 Sony blu-ray player, hopefully it'll work okay with that broad category once I get the remote. If not, I guess can just come back here for help at that point. Thanks again.