Flirc Forums

NAD C 542 CD player not supported

On 3/9/2023 at 10:50 AM, taeb said:

Hi

It's an older CD player, which is not yet supported. NAD posted (https://nadelectronics.com/software/) an App to get the pronto codes: https://nadelectronics.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/NADToPronto_v114.zip

Please add the remote to your list.

Thank you

There are a lot, and there is no way to just export a list, which one do you want, I'll start with that.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for posting the file

Regardless of putting the file into the .config/SkipApp folder (macOS), the device does not show up in the list under "Misc", where all devices should show up. As replacement I took "All models (CD)".

Most of the commands work.

I changed "Digit 1" to button 1 and "Digit 10+" to button 0

Not functioning: Reverse / Previous and Forward / Next. On the original remote pressing shortly the Previous or Next button lets the player skip to the previous / next track of a CD, whereas holding the same buttons for longer the reverse or forward action is done. How can I assign that to the Skip 1s?

Thank you

On 3/25/2023 at 10:38 AM, taeb said:

To be sure, before you change anything. Where should I put the json file for the C 542 on macOS 12? Then I will test it again and give feedback.

Where is the right place for additional json files on macOS?

Sorry, I expected it to find under Misc, because in an other post you wrote, that all devices are there. I found it in Audio. Thank you for adding it.

Just tested it: Many do not work. Open/Close works here :-)

Above I wrote, that NAD "All Models (CD)" works almost perfect.

Proposition: Wouldn't it make sense to copy the needed commands from the json for "All models" with copying the Open/Close command from C 542 into it - see attached .xlsx

Reverse / Previous and Forward / Next: On the original remote these are separat commands on separate buttons. I attached a picture from the original remote - we won't talk about their design ;-)

Maybe these days it was not possible to do it in the way of today: Pressing shortly the Previous or Next button lets the player skip to the previous / next track of a CD, whereas holding the same buttons for longer the reverse or forward action is done. Is that possible?

Wouldn't it make sense to program the jsons for all devices like this, to make it uniform and thus easier for the user?

Remote_NAD_C542.jpg

NAD C542 json.xlsx

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Jason

I had finally the time to check your file.

Everything works … exept Play Pause Toggle: It starts playing, but doesn't pause on second click.

I checked, if this command would work from other NAD CD players in your list, but couldn't find one, that works.

Please correct this problem.

Thank you!