Flirc Forums

Onkyo TX-SR805 not working at all that i can tell

Go to solution Solved by jason,

app version as of writing : 0.9.66

the Onkyo receiver remote is RC-690M

I'm not getting any response that i can tell on this receiver.

One thing i noticed in the app on any device (like my non-working panasonic plasma) is that i only ever see 3 or 4 choices. i've looked around the forum and seen screenshots of people typing in things like "TX" for "Onkyo/Integra" and seeing a bunch of options - that does not happen with me. I don't know if that's expected or not.

I use linux but i installed the Skip app on a Windows 10 computer which is where i am seeing this behavior.

If there is any info i can provide for either the Skip app or the Onkyo receiver to help you help me, please let me know.

ps: i assume that any other devices should be separated off into their own threads - can anyone confirm or deny that?

6 hours ago, messy said:

app version as of writing : 0.9.66

the Onkyo receiver remote is RC-690M

I'm not getting any response that i can tell on this receiver.

One thing i noticed in the app on any device (like my non-working panasonic plasma) is that i only ever see 3 or 4 choices. i've looked around the forum and seen screenshots of people typing in things like "TX" for "Onkyo/Integra" and seeing a bunch of options - that does not happen with me. I don't know if that's expected or not.

I use linux but i installed the Skip app on a Windows 10 computer which is where i am seeing this behavior.

If there is any info i can provide for either the Skip app or the Onkyo receiver to help you help me, please let me know.

ps: i assume that any other devices should be separated off into their own threads - can anyone confirm or deny that?

Perhaps it's how we categorized it. Check Misc. devices, it is a combination of all of our devices.

i make be checking in the wrong place, but the sub-selection under Onkyo just gives me two choices -  GXW home theater, and a soundbar grouping.

i tried looking for Misc in the vendor selection instead of Onkyo and didn't see anything there.

Sorry if i'm way off base and should be looking elsewhere. I'm really looking forward to the learning feature since i have the old remotes - as well as my slowly dying Harmony One.

I'm kind of tempted to mess with the config import/export - i saw the IR codes in there. at least that's what it looked like. i had started programming my own remote a few years back and read out the codes from some devices for specific actions. after having done that i have to say you guys have done a fantastic job with this.

additional note - to test i mapped some buttons to explicit power on/power off (vs toggle) and i can get the receiver to turn on and off. i can usually - but not always - get volume working as well.

when i have tried the power toggle (which maps to three actions - turning on/off a TV, setting a Roku to home, and turning on/off the receiver) it's been hit or miss. if anything it feels like there is a long action queue being slowly processed since after attempting a toggle a few times, i cannot seem to immediately execute the previously-working explicit power on/off buttons. eventually i can, but not immediately

also, my TV (it's an oldie but goodie) is not functioning at all with the remote that i can tell . should i start a separate thread for that?

Edited by messy

• Solution
3 hours ago, messy said:

additional note - to test i mapped some buttons to explicit power on/power off (vs toggle) and i can get the receiver to turn on and off. i can usually - but not always - get volume working as well.

when i have tried the power toggle (which maps to three actions - turning on/off a TV, setting a Roku to home, and turning on/off the receiver) it's been hit or miss. if anything it feels like there is a long action queue being slowly processed since after attempting a toggle a few times, i cannot seem to immediately execute the previously-working explicit power on/off buttons. eventually i can, but not immediately

also, my TV (it's an oldie but goodie) is not functioning at all with the remote that i can tell . should i start a separate thread for that?

Try the latest firmware.

got it, thanks! didn't know that was an option. things are already acting better. i can't test too much (guests coming over soon) but this is already doing better. i'll check back when i get a chance to poke at it more.

thank you!

• Like 1

sorry for the late feedback. between the newer firmware, newer app, trying "Misc" options, things are looking way better.

and the more i use the app the more things i'm noticing - great work you all. UX/UI is tougher than most people realize and i appreciate the work you are putting into it

• Like 1

On 3/9/2023 at 5:01 AM, messy said:

sorry for the late feedback. between the newer firmware, newer app, trying "Misc" options, things are looking way better.

and the more i use the app the more things i'm noticing - great work you all. UX/UI is tougher than most people realize and i appreciate the work you are putting into it

I just wanted to say, thank you. Your comment made my day. People are quick to dish anger, but it's rare when someone takes the time to write something positive. Thank you so much.

• Like 1