Flirc Forums

Remote not connecting to app - ver 0.9.66

prymordial

Hey folks! I'm still struggling to connect Skip 1s remote to my desktop. I ran a Powershell command to watch the log file in real-time and what I'm seeing looks like the app is constantly trying to find a remote to connect. The same entry in the log appears over and over again:

2023-03-02 18:47:14 2023-03-02 18:54:38 RN C:\buildkite-agent\builds\Flirc-Windows-2\flirc-inc\remote-application\desktop\src\helpers\FlircHidApi.js:44 JB75TT8QCJJYGLXK INFO Searched|for|available|devices,|found|5|available|devices|to|connect. 0.9.66.5681 Microsoft|Windows|NT|10.0.19044.0|x64 #hidapi

I'm starting to think maybe one of my USB devices is causing this conflict with the app.

Anyway, I've attached the .log file for review as well. Any assistance would be appreciated!

flirc20230302.log

On 3/2/2023 at 10:56 AM, prymordial said:

Hey folks! I'm still struggling to connect Skip 1s remote to my desktop. I ran a Powershell command to watch the log file in real-time and what I'm seeing looks like the app is constantly trying to find a remote to connect. The same entry in the log appears over and over again:

2023-03-02 18:47:14 2023-03-02 18:54:38 RN C:\buildkite-agent\builds\Flirc-Windows-2\flirc-inc\remote-application\desktop\src\helpers\FlircHidApi.js:44 JB75TT8QCJJYGLXK INFO Searched|for|available|devices,|found|5|available|devices|to|connect. 0.9.66.5681 Microsoft|Windows|NT|10.0.19044.0|x64 #hidapi

I'm starting to think maybe one of my USB devices is causing this conflict with the app.

Anyway, I've attached the .log file for review as well. Any assistance would be appreciated!

flirc20230302.log 302.94 kB · 1 download

remove all previous versions of the app. In start menu->apps. Make sure there are is no skipapp there. Reboot, reinstall, and try again. I've noticed previous versions of the apps cause problems but it comes down to another software on your computer preventing access to the USB device. Do you have Steam installed?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2023 at 11:53 AM, prymordial said:

Yes I do! I'll give the remove/reinstall suggestion a try and follow up.

As for Steam, is there any recommendation on having the remote be ignored by Steam?

If you installed their special drivers, there is nothing we can do. Infact, removing steam doesn't remove the problem. I think there is a registry setting it changes the modifies all USB permissions. We have to figure out which it is.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, AniMeiGrrl said:

One thing I noticed, if this helps, I absolutely have to use the cable that came in the box. I've tried 4 different USB-C cables, and only the one in the box will see the remote. Super weird but it did it.

Problem there is likely just that USB-C is a messed up spec. There are USB-C charging cables, USB-C Thunderbolt cables, and then standard USB-C data cables, and they all use the same port with different wires and internals. I kinda wish the spec required labeling the cable as what it actually did.