Flirc Forums

Skip App 0.9.6 unstable on Mac OS 13.3

P.Verbrugge

12 minutes ago, P.Verbrugge said:

The software on MacOS 13.3 seems unstable.

When testing the software and remote syncing, the software often crashes. This mostly happens during sync with the remote after making small changes. The app closes completely. No but report is shown.

Just to make sure, are you only seeing crashing? Have you seen any connection problems with the remote itself?

7 minutes ago, Nathan said:

Just to make sure, are you only seeing crashing? Have you seen any connection problems with the remote itself?

Hi,

I have both. I am having the problem that the remote sometimes is not detected. Can not not seem to get clear when it works when it doesn't. When I try to sync, sometimes the connection seems lost and I get an error that the device can not be read. Or the app just disappears.

Edited by P.Verbrugge

1 hour ago, P.Verbrugge said:

Perhaps I should update the firmware of the remote? I see there is a new version available. I have the "stock" version installed.

So there is something concerning going on here. All of us have macs for our primary computer, new and old and as a result and not on purpose the software is a ton better on the Mac. While we have some bugs to work out, there is something very wrong, but I’m committed to solving it. 

Few questions.

1. Did you download and use the app before you had a remote? One of our earlier releases?

2. disconnect the remote 

3. let’s go to the remote manager tab, clear all the data. Alternate between escape and space bar until you are prompted with the welcome wizard  

3. go ahead and get started with no remote attached. Go through the wizard. Do you have better luck completing it without crashes?

4. If so, connect the remote and see if you can sync it.

5. go ahead and update the firmware. There is a bug with the power macro but I will have it fixed next week and we can always revert.

just a note. There is an error “sync error” if you have no config and are syncing the remote. There is nothing to config. It’s meaningless, ignore it. This is fixed in the new firmware as a suppression.

let us know how it goes.  

6 minutes ago, jason said:

So there is something concerning going on here. All of us have macs for our primary computer, new and old and as a result and not on purpose the software is a ton better on the Mac. While we have some bugs to work out, there is something very wrong, but I’m committed to solving it. 

Few questions.

1. Did you download and use the app before you had a remote? One of our earlier releases?

2. disconnect the remote 

3. let’s go to the remote manager tab, clear all the data. Alternate between escape and space bar until you are prompted with the welcome wizard  

3. go ahead and get started with no remote attached. Go through the wizard. Do you have better luck completing it without crashes?

4. If so, connect the remote and see if you can sync it.

5. go ahead and update the firmware. There is a bug with the power macro but I will have it fixed next week and we can always revert.

just a note. There is an error “sync error” if you have no config and are syncing the remote. There is nothing to config. It’s meaningless, ignore it. This is fixed in the new firmware as a suppression.

let us know how it goes.  

1. Yes, I did. I wanted to see the software and removed it afterwards.

3. I could not do that. With no remote attached, the app does not respond when I open it. None of the buttons seemed to work. I can only close the app. 
    Update: Ok, I removed all remotes, removed the app with CleanMyMacX and re-installed the app. There seem to be a few more options available now and the detection of the remote seems to go better now.

4. Yes, sync is going fine now.

5. Firmware is already updated

It's seems to work better now. Now I just have to seem to figure out how to set the activities properly. :)

Ok, so while I was typing the above post, the app was open in the background and suddenly stopped. My remote is still connected to my Mac. It's not detected by the app right now.

I have a testcase:

When I start the app, with my remote connected, the remote is not detected. Disconnecting and re-connecting does not solve the detection problem.
When I start the app, and after that connect my remote it is detected.

Edited by P.Verbrugge

5 hours ago, P.Verbrugge said:

What I also notice, that after every crash the software suddenly says I have two remotes. I wish I had, but only have one. :-D.

The bottom one is actually my remote. The other one just shows up out of nothing after a crash.

Scherm­afbeelding 2023-02-24 om 11.59.08.png

I am trying to solve this now. Go to the remote that’s added in remote manager and delete it.  When the new remote window pops up. Just close the app and reopen it. 

1 hour ago, jason said:

I am trying to solve this now. Go to the remote that’s added in remote manager and delete it.  When the new remote window pops up. Just close the app and reopen it. 

Done that before, but as soon as the app crashes on a sync, there is a new remote visible. :-)

I'll wait for the fix.

23 hours ago, P.Verbrugge said:

Updated the remote to the latest firmware. Was playing with adjusting buttons and got an error:

Scherm­afbeelding 2023-02-23 om 22.12.53.jpeg

Hi! Here I am asking for your help.
A bit of context: we have 2 possible flows that would trigger this error.
In the attached version, I have fixed one of them. I would like you to test it, if it doesn't happen anymore it's okay. If not, I'm going to ask you to send me your log file, without doing any further action, because I've added a little more information there.
Thank you so much!

SkipApp-0.9.6-Beta-x64.dmg

Are you sure the software is new? Filesize seems the same?

I have a use case that caused the software to stop. I did not get any sync errors, like I did before. So that is a plus and a step forward. I do have the issue that at or right after the sync, the software returned to the start screen.

Case:

1. Remove the apple from the computer
2. Do a clean install
3. Connect the remote and set it up
4. Setup TV as activity A.
5. Only choose a TV and sync. - Success

6. Add an extra activity
7. Select a TV
8. Select a settopbox
9. Set the controls for navigation and media/music
10. Set the controls for volume to tv
11. Choose sync -  Success

12. Add an extra activity
13. Select a TV
14. Select a console
15. Set the controls for navigation and media/music
16. Set the controls for volume to tv
17. Choose sync -  Failure

After step 17, the software returns to the homescreen of the app and shows the wizard.

Scherm­afbeelding 2023-02-25 om 13.25.28.png

2 hours ago, P.Verbrugge said:

Have new use case that can crash the app. I have attached a movie.

When you try to open the dialog window on a button that has no action attached to it, it crashes. Something different then above, but thought it could be helpful.

Can you export your config and post that here?

On 2/25/2023 at 9:56 AM, P.Verbrugge said:

Have new use case that can crash the app. I have attached a movie.

When you try to open the dialog window on a button that has no action attached to it, it crashes. Something different then above, but thought it could be helpful.

Schermopname 2023-02-25 om 13.53.56.mov

Thank you so much. I was able to reproduce the error, I will work on it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1