Flirc Forums

Sony STR-DN1080 (Home Theater / Preamp)

Go to solution Solved by Nathan,

Hello Team,

Can you please let me know if Sony STR DN1080 (Home Theater Preamp) is supported ? I’ve tried all Sony audio devices (in audio and misc section) but no one is working at this point or I miss it. Since all my devices are installed on it, i can’t use my new remote :( I don’t know the code but I know it was working with my previous harmony. Thanks for your help. 

461F1516-9B00-4BD9-BD3E-9140DAFAF072.jpeg

Edited by Nicolas Morelli
Adding picture

3 hours ago, Nicolas M. said:

If i associate the "Power Toggle" of the Sony AC on the mute button (not so natural) -> it works

If i associate the "Power Toggle" of the Sony AC on the Power Button (before or after the Power On of the TV) -> Not working (only TV power on)

This is very strange. @jason potentially a firmware bug?

Spend 2 hours to test several things, i'm done ...

Everything works as expected when I test my config with the remote plugged to my Mac (yes i'm using macOS version, is it related ?) and putting every On/Off actions on "Repeat 3" or "Repeat 5" (Repeat 1 not working at all)

But when i'm trying "unplugged" the preamp is never starting / shutting down when I press the On/Off remote button (i have tested with "Power Toggle" and "Power On/Off" actions : same behavior)

The only workaround i've found is to add "Power Toggle" or "Power On" to another button (button "8" in my example). Then to start my activity, i press "8" then "On/Off"

I have the feeling that the remote firmware is not completely working like the app or a part of the config is not properly synced. Or because i've done to many tests, config loaded on remote has been corrupted ?

Please find attach my config.file if it could help to reproduce

Living Room.skip

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have the same issue with a STR-DN1040.  I've updated the firmware on the remote to 4.12.12 and the behavior has not changed.

EDIT - I reorganized the Power On/Off events to start the receiver first and now it seem to work correctly.  Sorry!

Edited by Hrast