Flirc Forums

Software beta 0.9.6 and firmware-4.12.10-10-ga6a774d bugs

Madcyclist

Hi,

I've noticed two problems with the remote after upgrading to the latest beta (0.9.6 [master]) and firmware (firmware-4.12.10-10-ga6a774d):

• Colour & "OK" button does not work - nothing is transmitted (confirmed with a Flirc in IR debug mode)
  • The remote only transmits the "power off" sequence never "power on" (confirmed by changing the sequence)

The TLDR; I tried a lot of combinations of beta software and firmware and bascially it seems to have been broken between the release of firmware firmware 4.12.6-0-g60dd93b and firmware 4.12.8-0-g7979533.  The desktop software doesn't seem to matter.

Is there anything I can do to help diagnose this?  Sadly I can't use firmware 4.12.6 as there is a different problem with one of the devices being unrepsonsive with this firmware (this works fine in 4.12.8 or above.)

Thanks!

MoreDetails.txt

Just to add to this, I also had a similar experience with firmware 4.12.10. The power on macro didn't seem to work at all however the power off did. I noticed that while trying to power on my TV the LED would blink indicating the remote was sending a signal but it wouldn't turn on. The other two devices I was working with would not turn on either.

Couple of notes:

• After changing my TV model to another in the list it started working. I never got the other two devices (Xbox Series X and Shield TV) to work.
  • On the xbox, the power on macro wouldn't work, but the same action assigned to another button would (e.g assigning power on to the "i" button).
  • I think I tried a couple of different versions of the app which did not make a difference.
  • Rolling the firmware back to the release version 4.12.6 fixed the issue.

This makes me believe that for whatever reason the power on button is sending signals but they are the wrong ones, if that makes sense. Apart from this I would say 4.12.10 performed better, especially with the xbox.