Flirc Forums

Naim amp support?

Hi,

I just got my skip1 and I'm working on first setup. We are lucky enough to have a naim amp, (this one) and the Skip doesn't seem to control the audio.

Detail:

I've set up activity A as watch TV. I've added a Naim audio device, choosing the subwoofer/N series. I've set the naim to control audio, and see the naim as yellow, and see the volume up/down buttons in the picture of the remote as yellow. (It also shows mute and channels as yellow). I sync the remote. Button A turns everything on so I think I have everything else set up right, and I expect vol up/down should drive the naim.

Actual: the volume knob on the amp doesn't move when I press the volume key.

Is there something I need to do, or is this an issue with the Skip database for an unusual amp?

On 2/20/2023 at 5:40 PM, spartacus said:

Yes, I see vol up, down and mute assigned. Mute causes the input source to jump from cd to tuner, and so I'd guess that the code groups for the NAIT are different than the sub or the CD player, but didn't investigate like to the extent of downloading manuals or anything.

Interesting and annoying that they do things, just not the right things. Do you have a flirc USB? If so, we could use that to create a correct profile.

On 2/21/2023 at 4:19 PM, Nathan said:

Interesting and annoying that they do things, just not the right things. Do you have a flirc USB? If so, we could use that to create a correct profile.

I don't. Reading the manuals I think it supports the "RC5" code group. Is there a way to tell the Skip app that?

• 3 weeks later...