Flirc Forums

Skip 1s Firmware v4.12.12-beta

jason

3 minutes ago, adampiecubed3 said:

@jason I just had a second crash tonight. Same 10s thing, no batteries pulled. This time it was the volume button that stopped responding. Logs attached.

flirc-remote-control20230416.log 2.03 kB · 1 download

The only thing I see is that your battery is low. Lower your battery to 10% brightness for both profile and ring. Let me know if you see it again. 

• 2 weeks later...

flirc-remote-control20230430.log

Here's a remote control log of when I turned off Profile C and switched to Profile B. As I made the switch to Profile B and hit the Power button, nothing happened on the TV. I tried to power on quite a few times but the TV didn't respond. The log indicates there was a hardware exception.

It seems like whenever I have issues, it's always with Profile B. Profile C works well for the most part, but switching to B, and even interacting with B has inconsistent button presses. This is my Xfinity activity, which I think you had plans to tweak to make it more responsive, but even without those tweaks, my biggest issues are just switching to the activity from either profile A or C. 

6 hours ago, infrb said:

flirc-remote-control20230430.log

Here's a remote control log of when I turned off Profile C and switched to Profile B. As I made the switch to Profile B and hit the Power button, nothing happened on the TV. I tried to power on quite a few times but the TV didn't respond. The log indicates there was a hardware exception.

It seems like whenever I have issues, it's always with Profile B. Profile C works well for the most part, but switching to B, and even interacting with B has inconsistent button presses. This is my Xfinity activity, which I think you had plans to tweak to make it more responsive, but even without those tweaks, my biggest issues are just switching to the activity from either profile A or C. 

Thank you, this is very helpful. Can you post your config? When you hit 'b' does the activity 'b' light up showing you the profile is enabled? 

Do you hit the power button in A, or C, before hitting B?

49 minutes ago, jason said:

Thank you, this is very helpful. Can you post your config? When you hit 'b' does the activity 'b' light up showing you the profile is enabled? 

Do you hit the power button in A, or C, before hitting B?

Config attached.

In this instance, I hit the power button in C to turn off the C activity, then hit B and hit the power button to turn on the B activity.

Living Room.skip

The B activity light does light up, but in some cases if I hit the power button multiple times, sometimes the B button light is delayed in responding. The remote will queue up the commands and the B light will light up even if I am not currently hitting the power button. In some cases the TV will turn on or off (depending on whatever command actually made it to the TV), but often the remote is just in a bad state. 

22 hours ago, infrb said:

The B activity light does light up, but in some cases if I hit the power button multiple times, sometimes the B button light is delayed in responding. The remote will queue up the commands and the B light will light up even if I am not currently hitting the power button. In some cases the TV will turn on or off (depending on whatever command actually made it to the TV), but often the remote is just in a bad state. 

I'm unable to reproduce this. If you reproduce it again, can you grab a log. I see the crash line, I'm not certain the cause yet or the calling function of the problem. Before I add a bit more logging, I'd like to see if it's consistent. Also, please help a bit with what buttons pressed before crashing. How long was the remote sitting there. Which activity were you in, and what buttons did you press? How long was it 'okay' before crashing.

I have a funny feeling the original problem has been fixed. A lot of people reported crashing here, and it's gone silent after I put in a bunch of other fixes.

I came back to the TV tonight after the remote was sitting for about 24 hours. I was able to turn the TV on, switch activities, etc. But then when trying to turn on and then off my B activity, the remote wouldn't respond. I then just kept trying to power B on and off and on and off (I'd wait about 20 seconds between each power on/off attempt). It would sometimes respond, but more often than not, I wouldn't get a response (either on or off). Very inconsistent.

I'm not sure how helpful this log is going to be. I don't see much here aside from power button presses. The remote logs that power is pressed and then released, but that doesn't always translate to the TV turning on or off. I don't know if it's a weak signal coming from the remote or not. The IR lights when viewing through a cell phone camera turn on, so I can see that a command is actually sent. 

The original remotes for each device work fine, so I know it's not related to that or environment. 

It'd be helpful in the logging to see when A, B, or C is pressed, followed by if the power button is turning on or off an activity, followed by the devices that the remote is sending an IR command for and any delay or repeats that the remote is doing. 

flirc-remote-control20230504.log

On 5/3/2023 at 7:28 PM, infrb said:

I came back to the TV tonight after the remote was sitting for about 24 hours. I was able to turn the TV on, switch activities, etc. But then when trying to turn on and then off my B activity, the remote wouldn't respond. I then just kept trying to power B on and off and on and off (I'd wait about 20 seconds between each power on/off attempt). It would sometimes respond, but more often than not, I wouldn't get a response (either on or off). Very inconsistent.

I'm not sure how helpful this log is going to be. I don't see much here aside from power button presses. The remote logs that power is pressed and then released, but that doesn't always translate to the TV turning on or off. I don't know if it's a weak signal coming from the remote or not. The IR lights when viewing through a cell phone camera turn on, so I can see that a command is actually sent. 

The original remotes for each device work fine, so I know it's not related to that or environment. 

It'd be helpful in the logging to see when A, B, or C is pressed, followed by if the power button is turning on or off an activity, followed by the devices that the remote is sending an IR command for and any delay or repeats that the remote is doing. 

flirc-remote-control20230504.log 4.11 kB · 2 downloads

Okay. I made some progress. Memory corruption faults are hard to solve. They can happen a completely different area. But I think I found the cause and am doing a few things to prevent this from happening. I should have an update today with a few improvements. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jason said:

Okay. I made some progress. Memory corruption faults are hard to solve. They can happen a completely different area. But I think I found the cause and am doing a few things to prevent this from happening. I should have an update today with a few improvements. 

@infrb okay, I think I found a few issues that could have caused this.

I also added an animation during macro playback. 

I also block all key presses during this playback, and no longer queue keys, since this was causing a lot of issues. (You don't know you are still playing back, and then you could queue up another macro playback and your remote seems stuck).

I fixed several other bugs and other issues.

If your xfinity is not responding during this playback, it probably has something to do with their receiver. Increase the repeats we send out, not so much the delay. Let me know how this goes. I have a few more things I want to add before really pushing this to a wider audience, but I have to make sure we get rid of the crashes.

skip.1s.a06.release-4.12.13.bin

After applying the firmware, had some issues trying to power off my B (xfinity) activity - TV wouldn't turn off. I then went to connect the remote to grab the logs from the skip app, but I can't. The skip app keeps crashing when I connect the remote. Attached the flirc log, running the nightly builds.

image.png.4560278d3540f8225bb7c9569d91bfa2.pngflirc20230510.log

Edited by infrb

40 minutes ago, infrb said:

After applying the firmware, had some issues trying to power off my B (xfinity) activity - TV wouldn't turn off. I then went to connect the remote to grab the logs from the skip app, but I can't. The skip app keeps crashing when I connect the remote. Attached the flirc log, running the nightly builds.

image.png.4560278d3540f8225bb7c9569d91bfa2.pngflirc20230510.log

Oh yeah.  Let me give you a new gui to try. Hang on. 

17 hours ago, jason said:

@infrb We are finding issues specifically on windows. It's really silly, it's all caused due to me updating the firmware version to the correct board. Customers have A6. If you have a mac, it should be fine. Otherwise, we should have an update soon. Sorry about this.

37 minutes ago, infrb said:

All good. Testing some things out tonight and am having very inconsistent power on/off behavior. When trying to look at logs I see the following. The remote log with today's date is also blank.

image.thumb.png.9945633e13f95d51579ba1e71271c8d3.png
image.thumb.png.0a47f5131a4457fd3ba70d43204ab7a5.png

I think as long as you are no longer seeing the remote crashing, it's good. I'm not sure about the log issue, I will try and reproduce this. Can you post your applog? Maybe that will show us something.

What is different in the behavior from before? And how is it acting now? Did you update your GUI settings?

Here's the app log

flirc20230511.log

Nothing really different in behavior before. Just inconsistent/unresponsive powering on/off. And this isn't related to the xfinity box at all. The TV doesn't power on/off. 

When I hit the power button on the remote and nothing happens, I see the color wheel light up and wait for that to stop. I'll then hit the B button just to see if the remote is responsive and not in a crashed state. When I see the B button light up, I'll hit power again, and often times nothing happens. 

I then thought that maybe I have too many repeats on the B activity when powering on the TV, so I reduced that back down to 1. That didn't make much of a difference. Which answers your other question on whether I got the GUI/App to work, I did with the new build.

So at this point I'm no further along with the new firmware. Without remote logs though, I don't think there's much data I can give you to help. 

The TV powering on/off on the other activities is also inconsistent, it's not just the B activity. 

EDIT: Also just noticed that with the remote just sitting on the table for a few minutes, went to unmute by hitting the mute button and it didn't respond. The B activity light didn't light up either. If I repeatedly hit the mute button, the B activity light eventually lit up and unmuted. I don't know if this is a "crash" or if the remote is going into power-save or some other state.

image.png

Edited by infrb

19 minutes ago, infrb said:

Here's the app log

flirc20230511.log

Nothing really different in behavior before. Just inconsistent/unresponsive powering on/off. And this isn't related to the xfinity box at all. The TV doesn't power on/off. 

When I hit the power button on the remote and nothing happens, I see the color wheel light up and wait for that to stop. I'll then hit the B button just to see if the remote is responsive and not in a crashed state. When I see the B button light up, I'll hit power again, and often times nothing happens. 

I then thought that maybe I have too many repeats on the B activity when powering on the TV, so I reduced that back down to 1. That didn't make much of a difference. Which answers your other question on whether I got the GUI/App to work, I did with the new build.

So at this point I'm no further along with the new firmware. Without remote logs though, I don't think there's much data I can give you to help. 

The TV powering on/off on the other activities is also inconsistent, it's not just the B activity. 

EDIT: Also just noticed that with the remote just sitting on the table for a few minutes, went to unmute by hitting the mute button and it didn't respond. The B activity light didn't light up either. If I repeatedly hit the mute button, the B activity light eventually lit up and unmuted. I don't know if this is a "crash" or if the remote is going into power-save or some other state.

image.png

okay, just tried, and I'm able to pull logs. Can you send me your app logs?