Flirc Forums

Skip 1s Firmware v4.12.12-beta

jason

On 2/17/2023 at 4:15 PM, jason said:

Was this after it started working again? Did you do anything, like switch profiles to get it to respond?

It just happened again, I pressed power, no response from the remote, after that i pressed activity A, again no response, then attached the remote to the computer and downloaded the logs, attached to this message.

Edit: after i downloaded the remotes logs, the remote worked normally when connected to the computer, after disconnecting the remote from the computer the remote continued not responding, I then replaced the batteries and the remote again worked normally.

I then realized... maybe the occasionally remote is not responding is an indication of an almost empty battery?

Perhaps a good idea to have a battery indication ? Just a wild thought to a battery indication.
Press color wheel + center button = send the action to this combo + light up the 4 wheel leds = full battery, light up 1 of the 4 led = low battery, color can be the personal color.

flirc-remote-control20230219.log

Edited by c.dennis
  • Like 2

Same as RemotelyInteresting.  I used both of my remotes quite a bit this past weekend and I couldn't find a pattern but they will stop responding and then about 10 seconds later start working again.  I have not needed to remove batteries yet.  I had it happen nearly back to back with just a minute or so of non-usage a few times.  It might be happening more often than I am aware because I am watching a show and don't need to use the remote.

SOLVED: Right... so as I had some genereal problems with the remote/app (reported in a different thread) I thought it would be a good idea to update the firmware. So downloaded this threads updater for windows and firmware v4.12.10. I started the updrade, it froze at 19%. Left it hanging there for about an hour before I killed the updater program. Now the remote can't connect at all to Windows no more. The normal app nor the updater app finds the remote at all...

Its been 15 minutes since my upgrade attempt now. The remote seems dead... nothing happens when I press any buttons. No sign of life...

Any idea?

-----

Update: So I removed the batteries and left it waiting for a while. Put them back in and noticed the three red flashes to indicate boot loader mode. Started the upgrader again and now it detected the remote. Succeddfully upgraded to 4.12.10 now. 

Edited by PelleBoA

1 hour ago, PelleBoA said:

SOLVED: Right... so as I had some genereal problems with the remote/app (reported in a different thread) I thought it would be a good idea to update the firmware. So downloaded this threads updater for windows and firmware v4.12.10. I started the updrade, it froze at 19%. Left it hanging there for about an hour before I killed the updater program. Now the remote can't connect at all to Windows no more. The normal app nor the updater app finds the remote at all...

Its been 15 minutes since my upgrade attempt now. The remote seems dead... nothing happens when I press any buttons. No sign of life...

Any idea?

-----

Update: So I removed the batteries and left it waiting for a while. Put them back in and noticed the three red flashes to indicate boot loader mode. Started the upgrader again and now it detected the remote. Succeddfully upgraded to 4.12.10 now. 

The exact same thing happened to me including freezing at 19%.   Removing the batteries was the only thing that would wake the remote up again in bootloader mode.

Hi,

I just received my Skip, I'm fidgeting with it for the moment. 

I discovered a strange behavior with firmware 4.12.10, I think I haven't seen mentions of it yet.

My A/V AMP (Yamaha, from the YHT (UBL Series)  family) seems to receive only the Power Down sequence, never the Power Up one.

It receives the sequence every time I hit the power button, so that's useable now that I know what happens (by mapping Power Toggle to Power Down), but that's weird. 

With default firmware 4.12.6 I didn't have this behavior, the power button worked "normally". And my TV doesn't present this behavior, so that's not general. A change in the codes ?

I didn't see anything that seemed interesting in the logs, but if you need something don't hesitate to ask.

Regards.

I am not sure this is the right topic, but I have an issue with power on mode for Samsung TV's.

When setting up my remote, I used the "Power On" instead of the power toggle function. I don't want the remote to power toggle my TV, when it's on. In that case it would turn off the tv. So, I replace the power toggle with power on. But it seems the power on is not working.

The Samsung tv's in my house, only function with power toggle.

• jason changed the title to Skip 1s Firmware v4.12.11-beta
24 minutes ago, infrb said:

Getting a failure when applying the firmware. Tried a few different times. 

image.png.2874c9e22a54b9b614ec67ff37c85671.png

This is what the skipapp shows for the remote.

image.thumb.png.9eebf04771600793f944e762d62b6ebf.png

I also can't sync anymore.

image.png.8c4350171290ba79992881016f21416c.png

I was able to flash back to 4.12.10 and the remote still works.

Oh thank you, I grabbed the version one in haste, try the one I attached just now.

4 hours ago, Olorin said:

Hi,

I can confirm the macros seem fixed for me with 4.12.11.

However, exactly like @infrb above, the app is now crashing systematically when connecting the remote.

I see the issue, update again. Thank you.

Updating the firmware again worked.

Now that I can change the remote config, macros still don't work for me.

Here's a simple macro. Power on the TV, then hit the Menu Home button so it brings up my smart TV streaming apps. 

image.thumb.png.df43579cf58b7b7cabf87cf451c32f94.png

The TV powers on, but the smart app menu never pops up. I've messed with the delay but that doesn't seem to do anything. I assume delay in this case means when I hit Power on the remote, it powers on the TV, waits 4 seconds, then is supposed to issue the Menu Home command. When I hold my cell phone camera to the IR output on the remote, I don't see any activity after 4 seconds. So I assume the second command isn't being issued.

23 minutes ago, infrb said:

Updating the firmware again worked.

Now that I can change the remote config, macros still don't work for me.

Here's a simple macro. Power on the TV, then hit the Menu Home button so it brings up my smart TV streaming apps. 

image.thumb.png.df43579cf58b7b7cabf87cf451c32f94.png

The TV powers on, but the smart app menu never pops up. I've messed with the delay but that doesn't seem to do anything. I assume delay in this case means when I hit Power on the remote, it powers on the TV, waits 4 seconds, then is supposed to issue the Menu Home command. When I hold my cell phone camera to the IR output on the remote, I don't see any activity after 4 seconds. So I assume the second command isn't being issued.

Can you save and post your config?

Thanks! Looks like the macros and delays are working a lot better now.

A new issue has come up, and this one might be harder to figure out. But after powering off an activity, if I try and turn another one on, the power button on the remote is unresponsive. If I change activities and just keep hitting the power button nothing happens for awhile, then all of the sudden the commands get issued and the TV just turns on (just did it while I was typing this). 

This could also be related to something else I've noticed: sometimes it seems like the remote is "falling asleep". My wife and I will be watching TV and she'll try to mute the TV or pause, but nothing happens. Even the light around the activity doesn't light up. After some period of time the remote starts to work again.

I'm using the original Duracell batteries that came with the remote and after each sync I remove the batteries to power cycle. I'm not sure if I need to do this, but I have been just to be safe. 

Edited by infrb

58 minutes ago, infrb said:

Thanks! Looks like the macros and delays are working a lot better now.

A new issue has come up, and this one might be harder to figure out. But after powering off an activity, if I try and turn another one on, the power button on the remote is unresponsive. If I change activities and just keep hitting the power button nothing happens for awhile, then all of the sudden the commands get issued and the TV just turns on (just did it while I was typing this). 

This could also be related to something else I've noticed: sometimes it seems like the remote is "falling asleep". My wife and I will be watching TV and she'll try to mute the TV or pause, but nothing happens. Even the light around the activity doesn't light up. After some period of time the remote starts to work again.

I'm using the original Duracell batteries that came with the remote and after each sync I remove the batteries to power cycle. I'm not sure if I need to do this, but I have been just to be safe. 

These are two separate problems. I have never seen the second issue, but I'll figure out some ways to get some logs to solve it.

The first issue you describe has actually been there, and I need to fix this. So I build up a queue. If you hit a button 4 times, I want to make sure the TV see's 4 presses, even though you actually might be clicking them faster than the signal is sent out. Also to make sure that the TV see's them as separate presses, I add delays in-between.

I think for macros, specifically power, I need to put some visual feedback of what's happening (on or off) and block while sending. If you hit power a bunch of times, it will alternate between the on/off and if you have delays, it could take 10 seconds to run through the queue because the delays add up for the ons and off.

I do wait a good amount of time (about 10-15 seconds) after powering off before I try and power on the next activity, so it's not immediate. I do this because my TV isn't ready for me to try and power it on again. This problem doesn't always happen, but it does intermittently.

I think the longer-term solution, at least for me, is to find a way to allow for switching activities instead of having to power off one activity and power on the next. If that were solved for, then powering off and on quickly would be rare for me. I know that's on your back log based on the other threads.

I'm not sure if the activity lights have colors (don't think they do, but maybe I'm wrong), but maybe some sort of indicator color on the activity light would be helpful to know if it's doing something before trying to move to the next activity. 

27 minutes ago, infrb said:

I do wait a good amount of time (about 10-15 seconds) after powering off before I try and power on the next activity, so it's not immediate. I do this because my TV isn't ready for me to try and power it on again. This problem doesn't always happen, but it does intermittently.

So does this happen often or when you put the remote down for a good amount of time. Is it always on a specific activity? I want to try and replicate your setup. 

Seems to happen when I'm switching from activity B to A. 

Attached is my latest config (made some slight changes since the last one I uploaded).

Steps:

- Hit B

- Hit Power to turn activity on and let macro complete

- Wait about 5-10 seconds or so

- Hit Power to turn off activity B

- Wait about 5-10 seconds or so

- Hit A

- Hit Power to turn on activity A

TV does not turn on.

Living Room.skip