Flirc Forums

Cycle commands on a button press

Holl595

8 hours ago, Holl595 said:

Is it possible to assign 2 commands to a button, and have it cycle through one command each time it is pressed?

My LG has a separate button for pause and play, but the skip only has a play / pause button.

Thanks

In this vein, I personally would love to see a future second iteration of the remote that has separate play and pause buttons. it's a tossup for a lot of apps on some devices if they will respond as expected to a remote than only explicitly sends pause or play. I liked my old Harmony remote having these as separate buttons.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, infrb said:

Try using Cursor Enter when using the LG with the smart TV apps. I've mapped that to play/pause. It functions just like the big enter button in the middle of the directional wheel. Most apps use that button as play/pause.

I mainly use Plex to watch things on my LG tv. 

Unfortunately you have to press the enter button once to get the menu up and a second time to pause.

We have a non magic remote too, which has separate play and pause buttons which work perfectly with Plex, which is why I was hoping these could just be toggled on the play/pause button. 

• Like 1

Personally I would love to see a second-gen Skip remote (Skip 2S?) have separate play/pause buttons the same way Logitech's Harmony remotes did. There certainly seems to be room on the current button layout to just tack on another button right beneath the current play/pause one, at least externally. Not sure what it looks like internally. Probably would be nice to have as an elongated "rocker" style of button shape so you can easily feel each part of it without looking.

But I know that's getting far ahead of where development is currently at :)

I made another thread basically about this same thing but you're right. if the play/pause button could somehow work like power, it'd be a decent solution. just have it toggle back and forth between 2 functions. kinda have the feeling that's not possible but it's a pretty big bummer I hadn't considered til I was setting up the remote 

4 hours ago, mattpannella said:

I made another thread basically about this same thing but you're right. if the play/pause button could somehow work like power, it'd be a decent solution. just have it toggle back and forth between 2 functions. kinda have the feeling that's not possible but it's a pretty big bummer I hadn't considered til I was setting up the remote 

As Jason said, it's not possible right now, but long press is something we're going to be implementing in the near future, and at that point it will be no problem.