Flirc Forums

Missing Sonos and Xbox Series listings

Going through the app this morning, it only lists two Sonos soundbars (arc and playbase, I believe), missing a bunch-- the beam gen1, beam gen2, and ray. The arc setting probably works, I can't test due to either USB-C or the broken windows software

Xbox is similar, it only lists Xbox One not Xbox Series S and Xbox Series X. The Xbone setting probably works, but that's confusing for users and just generally feels like a beta product. I suggest changing to "Microsoft Xbox (One X/S and Series X/S)".

32 minutes ago, norrishh said:

Going through the app this morning, it only lists two Sonos soundbars (arc and playbase, I believe), missing a bunch-- the beam gen1, beam gen2, and ray. The arc setting probably works, I can't test due to either USB-C or the broken windows software

Xbox is similar, it only lists Xbox One not Xbox Series S and Xbox Series X. The Xbone setting probably works, but that's confusing for users and just generally feels like a beta product. I suggest changing to "Microsoft Xbox (One X/S and Series X/S)".

I replied in another thread, but yep, this is something we're going to start working on. 

• Like 1

A few months ago, my Harmony remote suddenly stopped controlling my Sonos Arc. After searching in the internet, there seams to be a change at SONOS and not all remotes are supported anymore. The suggestion was to teach the TV remote to control Mute and Volume up/down. This can be configured in the ARC settings in the SONOS APP and runs quite good with the remote of my Philips TV. In the Harmony APP I had to change my activities in that way, that the TV controls the Volume.

In the same way I have configured my Skip1S Activities after experiencing, that the Skip didn't control my SONOS ARC (like Harmony didn't): Volume is controlled by the TV. What's missing is the button to adjust the speech volume.

But don't forget to configure/teach the TV remote in the ARC settings in the SONOS APP firs (ARC settings -> TV-Setup -> Setup remote)

Maybe this also works with other Soundbars like SONOS Beam Gen 1. and 2.

Edited by Flieger37

Harmony native Sonos control is indeed largely broken (it's unusably unresponsive, is the actual problem) and I use HDMI CEC to do it now. That isn't a Sonos problem, it's that Logitech no longer supports or sells Harmony, which is why products like the skip1s have a real opportunity to enter the market. HDMI CEC would work on skip1s also, although it should be able to control the Sonos directly via IR too.