Flirc Forums

Skip 1s not connecting

HolyRoller

Just received my Skip and am trying to set it up. Got the batteries in, USB cable connected, software downloaded, but it isn't connecting. I named my remote "Home" and it just says "Home is not connected" at the bottom left corner of the app. Was it also supposed to come with a USB dongle? I'm just wanting to use it with Plex so it shouldn't be too bad. Anyone offer any help? Thanks!

On 2/4/2023 at 4:20 PM, HolyRoller said:

Thanks, Jason!

Possible dumb question here @jason, but was the 1s supposed to include a USB dongle? Mine didn't come with one and I was thinking it would, but maybe I just misunderstood.

Need a bit of clarification here. The Skip 1s comes with a usb cord to connect to your computer. It does not come with a Flirc USB, unless you ordered one with the Flirc USB. If you did and didn't get it, let us know.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2023 at 12:47 PM, Nathan said:

Need a bit of clarification here. The Skip 1s comes with a usb cord to connect to your computer. It does not come with a Flirc USB, unless you ordered one with the Flirc USB. If you did and didn't get it, let us know.

Thanks Nathan, I went ahead and ordered a USB dongle. My Skip 1s is working great now with the update. Could you point me in the right direction on how I can control my Windows Plex software with the 1s and USB receiver?

Edit: Spoke too soon, got it working. Thanks!

Edited by HolyRoller

15 hours ago, HolyRoller said:

Thanks Nathan, I went ahead and ordered a USB dongle. My Skip 1s is working great now with the update. Could you point me in the right direction on how I can control my Windows Plex software with the 1s and USB receiver?

Edit: Spoke too soon, got it working. Thanks!

Awesome, good work and thanks!

For those who happen to run across this, you can add a PC, brand Flirc, model Plex, and your Flirc USB should *just work.*

Screenshot 2023-02-22 at 1.37.25 PM.png

• jason locked this topic