Flirc Forums

Please point me in the right direction with a FLIRC USB installed on an HTPC trying to make JRiver MC work

BlueSkyHi

Hi all.  First time user and just got a new FLIRC USB dongle that is installed on my Windows 10 PC and is working, partially, to control and installation of JRiver Media Center.

The USB output of the HTPC goes to a DAC the output of which goes to a preamplifier that feeds two main monobloc amplifiers.  I am trying to program a Logitech Harmony Touch to provide the IR signals to control the installation of JRiver MC and to control a couple of functions on the preamp including power, Vol+, Vol-, mute and power.  The Harmony Touch has learned the control codes for the preamplifier.

To control the installation of JRiver, I set up a dummy device in the Logitech based upon a Blu-ray player that has the commands I am looking for including play, stop, next song, previous song.

My question is what do you think would be the best canned profile to use for this application?  Also, am I approaching this correctly or am I going about it the wrong way?

Thank you for your help!