Flirc Forums

Expressvu Satellite All Models IR Address 1 (Set Top Box)

I'm using v0.9.4 Beta with Windows 10 home (all Windows updates)

Setting up my first basic activity - watch TV using a Bell Expressvu receiver that is set to IR Address 1 - and this configuration is already in the Skip database.

Problem: Some button actions work perfectly; some button actions work very slowly and some buttons don't work at all

>Cursor up/dn/left/right/enter: does not work well - slow, or no response.  If already in the Info screen, the center cursor enter works perfecty, but if in guide or DVR/PVR, that same button does not work consistently. 

> Info button: works perfectly.

> Channel up/dn; does not work consistently.

> Stop button (to stop DVR playback): does not work at all.

Comparing tp the dedicated BELL remote, that works perfectly.

It seems sometimes I need to keep holding the Skip remote button for several seconds where-as the dedicated BELL remote invokes immediate response on the Receiver with a super short tap.  Because some commands are occurring, but intermittently, I'm wondering if there is an issue with the IR signal on the Skip or is this simply a database issue?

The volume up/down Skip controls my PIoneer Receiver perfectly (as comparison), where-as my Logitech remote always has a problem with the volume (slow response) with my Pioneer.

4 hours ago, biketour said:

I'm using v0.9.4 Beta with Windows 10 home (all Windows updates)

Setting up my first basic activity - watch TV using a Bell Expressvu receiver that is set to IR Address 1 - and this configuration is already in the Skip database.

Problem: Some button actions work perfectly; some button actions work very slowly and some buttons don't work at all

>Cursor up/dn/left/right/enter: does not work well - slow, or no response.  If already in the Info screen, the center cursor enter works perfecty, but if in guide or DVR/PVR, that same button does not work consistently. 

> Info button: works perfectly.

> Channel up/dn; does not work consistently.

> Stop button (to stop DVR playback): does not work at all.

Comparing tp the dedicated BELL remote, that works perfectly.

It seems sometimes I need to keep holding the Skip remote button for several seconds where-as the dedicated BELL remote invokes immediate response on the Receiver with a super short tap.  Because some commands are occurring, but intermittently, I'm wondering if there is an issue with the IR signal on the Skip or is this simply a database issue?

The volume up/down Skip controls my PIoneer Receiver perfectly (as comparison), where-as my Logitech remote always has a problem with the volume (slow response) with my Pioneer.

Thank you for the feedback. I'm going to look into this.