Flirc Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. With a lot of research and a borrow of my mates uncles remote I have managed to record the pronto codes and make myself a working JSON file. VideoconVU325LDF.json
  3. Hi, I still got the Inteset v422-2 and just recently got the Flirc. I'm intending to use with Plex HTPC. Mapping using Kodi controller and most of the functions work except the Rewind, Fastforward, Next, Previous, Mute and Subtitles. Any advice on how to go about this? + is there a way to map the windows start key to the remote?
  4. I could post the current flirc config later, but I don't have the skip app installed so no config available for that one
  5. Id really like an older firmware version in the meantime please
  6. At work ATM, I have no configs tho, none of the apps were installed since the last time I set it up. Using the flirc profile on the skip1s, using keyboard profile in the flirc app with just some basic press and hold commands
  7. What profile are you using on your skip1s? Can you post your config from your skip and from your flirc?
  8. where can i download older firmware?
  9. ive cleared my config and remaped the key and it maps fine, it just wont fire a long press, im using the skip1s remote with flirc v2
  10. just updated to this firmware version, it said something about improved long press, but now long press doesn't work :(
  11. Yesterday
  12. For proper functionality, both the Skip app and Flirc software may be necessary to configure Skip and Flirc with your Playstation 4 effectively. It's recommended to follow the setup instructions provided by Flirc for mapping buttons accurately. For more detailed guidance, you can refer to tutorials or contact Flirc's customer support for assistance. Additionally, here's a guide on Fortnite ranked modes, ranks, and rules for those interested: https://www.vpesports.com/fortnite-ranked-guide-game-modes-ranks-and-rules
  13. Last week
  14. Hi there, new to flirc, I've looked at the flirc_util command and saw that there's a script command which says run a command script. I've looked in the documentation for the cli (which seems to be a bit lacking) but there's no detail on how this works or examples on how to use this. Can anyone who has some experience with this command explain what it does and how to use it? My assumption is that you can pass a file of inputs you want to record and it will do that for you? But maybe my assumption is wrong, any help is appreciated, thank you.
  15. So I've downloaded the gui/app to my windows pc and noticed that one of the options for a remote is firetv. What's the point of that if the firetv remote is not IR based? Thanks!
  16. Set up Chromecast or Chromecast Ultra : - Plug in your Chromecast. - Open the Google Home app . - Tap Devices Add Google Nest or partner device . - Follow the steps. Set up device now. - Setup is successful. You're all done!
  17. IMG_3189.mov If the attached video doesn't work, here is cloud link: https://share.flirc.io/3196CdTQ This took me about 5 minutes to reproduce of pressing the B button. It is purely timing. If you press a profile button at an exact moment in time, we cause the issue. You do not need to press the profile button in repetition. It can be A/B/C/Color dots at the exact moment after any subsequent button. I confirmed in lab today, in this state, it's stuck and using more power. So you might have pressed this sequence, put the remote down, come back the next day, see it stuck, and it would have had an impact on battery life. This was not the only issue that caused this in this thread. I fixed 3 other edge cases and documented them. I have also replaced a few remotes that were in the first batch of shipments, and completely unrelated. Firmware update coming, it's already solved. Just a matter of getting it into a release and publishing. Let's hope this is the last edge case.
  18. @jasonsorry for the delay, here is the file. Living Room-after-965.skip
  19. I reproduced it and I fucking fixed it. Jesus christ. I'll post a video tomorrow. I swear I sat here for 3 hours with logging pressing buttons until I got it to happen. I analyzed the logs until I saw a pattern, tried it, never got it to happen. But noticed it only happens after pressing a/b/c It's strictly a timing issue. Edge case, and I understand why it can happen, but don't understand why it wont 'unstick'. But I handle these specific buttons in interrupt context. So I changed this. I queue them and move them into my normal task manager and it works fine. I'll push an update as soon as possible. GUI is currently a mess, so we need to clean it up. I'll look at some kinda remedy for everyone this week.
  20. I have the same use case. How did you done this exactly?
  21. @asyba @revin can you send me your configurations. I'm working on this.
  22. Hi, I just installed a new Flirc USB IR receiver on a new HTPC running Windows 11. It will replace an older less powerful HTPC. The old system had IR built in, but I built the new one and have to add the IR functionality. I use a great programmable remote that most of you probably never heard of, but it can transmit codes for all the keys on a Windows MCE IR keyboard. I use a lot of them, so need the Flirc to handle that. I was hoping I would be OK with the apparently built-in Microsoft WMC Profile, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I actually have one of the old Microsoft Windows MCE IR keyboards that works perfectly. So, I am trying to use that to map all its keys on the Flirc. It is mostly working just fine. I have mapped most of the keys already. Now, this seems like it should be really a dumb question, but I cannot see how to map the keyboard shift type keys. For instance, How do I map the left and right shift, ctrl, alt and Windows keys? When I bring up the full keyboard in the Flirc app and select, for instance, the shift key. the app waits for me to press another key to see what pairing of the shift key I want to map. I have been searching for a while and decided to save some time and just ask. How do I map the shift key itself. None of those keys map properly automatically. I really appreciate your help with this.
  23. Honestly, I don't think there was issue, other than I just didn't understand how the 2 devices worked together.
  24. That shouldn’t be necessary unless there was a firmware upgrade. I’ll look into it
  25. I thought all the IR programming was done through the remote and USB just worked as an IR receiver. I've only ever used Logitech Harmony where the IR receiver was not programmed, just the remote. I honestly had no idea there was separate software for the USB and the Skip1s remote. I thought the software I downloaded worked for both units. I plugged the USB into my laptop but nothing happened. After your reply, I did some searching and found the USB software but still didn't see the drop down to set the USB for the Shield. Long story short, I feel really stupid but happy to get it resolved.
  26. Ok, I found the step I missed. I didn't realize the USB adaptor could or needed to be set to the Shield as well. Thanks for the assistance. Cheers
  1. Load more activity