Flirc Forums

FLIRC V2 V4.9.6 Win 10, GUI connects but no keypresses in apps

mrazekkarel

I just bought a FLIRC V2 and installed the GUI on my WIN 10 HTPC.  GUI shows connected and allows me to program and erase keys without issue. However, opening notepad and pressing keys does nothing. I've tried different USB port, made sure windows was fully updated. Uninstalled in device manager to have it reinstall. Still doesn't work.

I can plug the FLIRC into my Win 10 laptop and key presses immediately work in notepad so I know configuration worked. I'm at my wits end and would rather not return the device but I simply can't get it to work. Is there anything else I could try?

GUI is v3.26.4

Firmware v4.9.6

Thanks!

• 1 year later...
On 10/31/2022 at 11:00 PM, mrazekkarel said:

I just bought a FLIRC V2 and installed the GUI on my WIN 10 HTPC.  GUI shows connected and allows me to program and erase keys without issue. However, opening notepad and pressing keys does nothing. I've tried different USB port, made sure windows was fully updated. Uninstalled in device manager to have it reinstall. Still doesn't work.

I can plug the FLIRC into my Win 10 laptop and key presses immediately work in notepad so I know configuration worked. I'm at my wits end and would rather not return the device but I simply can't get it to work. Is there anything else I could try?

GUI is v3.26.4

Firmware v4.9.6

Thanks!

I'm having the same issue on my Windows 11 PC.  I moved my programmed FLIRC to a MacBook and it worked like a charm.  How do I get it it to work on my Windows Box?  What am I missing?

FWIW, Seems like plugging the FLIRC in adds only one HID Keyboard Device and a number of new HIDs (2x HID-compliant consumer control devices, 1 HID-compliant system controller, 2x HID-compliant vendor-defined devices, 3x USB Input Devices). It isn't clear which of these are FLIRC-related - they all say either "Standard system devices" or are Microsoft devices. Is there something in Device Manager that can/should be done?

FLIRC Not Plugged In.png

FLIRC Plugged In.png