Flirc Forums

Flirc + Plex + Harmony One = Confusion

neocleous

Hi all,

I have just ordered my Flirc and I'm waiting for it to arrive.  In the mean time I want to get my Harmony One programmed and ready to go.  I've read through the forum and from what I've understood Flirc works quite easily with XBMC and when I went to myharmony.com and added the Flirc and typed XBMC as the model and it seemed to work great with a full key mapping.

I tried the same with Plex but it didn't seem to work in fact when I checked the mapping there were no commands assigned to any of the buttons.  I know Plex is an offshoot of XBMC so a lot of the XBMC key mapping should work but it is slightly different.  Is there a specific Plex profile for the Harmony?

• 6 months later...

i used the old way for configuring PLEX with the harmony remote and flirc. in this approach, we configure the harmony with a device that has a lot of IR codes that are different from one another. using this approach it lets me do all sorts of things with keyboard shortcuts, namely using AutoHotKey to configure commands not in the PLEX command list.

here's a word document with my mappings using the Panasonic TC-P65VT30 device in the harmony remote:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By28ojU6MbLhRlBBSVhkRjZQZHc&authuser=0

about the AHK scripts:

the first script i've created in AHK that i'll mention uses the numpad of the remote to enter letters. this is particularly useful for the search option in PLEX. essentially, the script sends letters while pressing the number buttons of the remote repeatedly like you usually do on the TV or older phones with no keyboard.

so, for instance, if i want to write abg3 i'll be able to do that with the remote by: pressing 2, wait second (or press Alt-Shift-F8), pressing 2 twice, pressing 4 once, pressing 3 4 times

the Keypad-Letters script can be found at:

this script also uses Alt-Shift-F8 (which i mapped through flirc as well) to stop the 1 second timer so that you could write other characters from the same number immediately.

the second script always runs on the PC (it is in my startup folder) and the extra keyboard shortcuts in it do this:

Alt-Shift-F10 - opens the plex client (theater) and the Keypad-Letters script

Alt-Shift-F9 - stops the Keypad-Letters script (useful to assign this to the harmony remote, to be called when going out of the PLEX activity. otherwise, the script will change digits when you're running windows outside the plex client)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By28ojU6MbLhaHRTQjB2SVltYUE&authuser=0

hope you find this useful.

Edited by itay_bia