Flirc Forums

FLIRC Double-presses

dredge999

I have been working hard to try and get my FLIRC working with both an AppleTV remote and a Harmony remote.

I have had a lot more success with the Harmony remote but still have issues.

With the Apple TV remote I kept having double press/repeat issues.

I had properly programmed the apple-tv remote to send the correct key presses to Ouya/XBMC and modded the keymap in XBMC to work.

These key presses did indeed work but more often than not I would get double presses when I only hit the button on the apple tv remote once.

I messed with the inter-key delay but I couldn't find any setting that would stop this problem.

Any suggestions?  I am positive I am missing something really simple with the FLIRC set up since this issue persists on both remotes (Harmony and AppleTV remote).

Rick

• 9 months later...

Hi there, I have the opposite problem. My Flirc works, however, my OUYA either requires double press or long press to register the key-press. Sometimes it works with one click, but often it requires two fast clicks. I have played around with the inter key delay, but no solution has been found.

Any advice, 

Hi there, I have the opposite problem. My Flirc works, however, my OUYA either requires double press or long press to register the key-press. Sometimes it works with one click, but often it requires two fast clicks. I have played around with the inter key delay, but no solution has been found.

Any advice, 

Are you using an MCE remote? If yes then you need to record each button at least two times because the IR protocol used by MCE remote sends multiple different IR codes for each button on each press.

• Like 1

Yawor, thanks for the reply. I'm using the Samsung Remote that came with my TV (the Wii looking remote). I told the TV that it was an XBOX remote and set it up as such. I guess I could tell the TV that is a DVD player remote or something like that and try it out.

Thanks for the advice,

I'll try it and let you know how it all worked out. 

Yawor, just changed the remote in the TV to be recognized as a Sony BD Remote vice the XBOX remote. It worked like a charm. One button press = one movement now!

Thanks!!

Edited by philpompili
  • Like 1