Flirc Forums

firmware 2.2 not functional on Raspbmc

zidera

Hello,

I encounter an issue with 2.2 firmware. It doesn't work with my raspberry with raspbmc (I use a Harmny 550 remote). 

I succeed to revert to 2.1 firmware and it's working again (only the "next audio" feature doesn't work).

Is this issues already detected ? How can I help you to correct it ?

Regards,

Zidera

Hi -

First time post.  I would like to join in on this topic.  I just received my flirc and I am excited about the prospect of using it.  However, mine also does not work on my RaspBMC setup.  My flirc is also firmware version 2.2.   I know the flirc hardware is working, because I can set it up on my windows pc and it works great.  (I'm using a Logitech Harmony remote configured with the flirc XBMC device in the Logitech remote config - works like a charm on my windows PC!)

I would test it using firmware 2.1 just as zidera did, but I cannot find where to download ver 2.1.

What steps should i take to get this working on my RaspBMC?

thanks!

Ed

Hello Jason,

None of the keys pressed on the harmony generate a response on the Raspberry side with the 2.2 firmware. It's fine with the 2.1 except the audio next key.

Edvins, for your information the 2.1 firmware is available un the 1.1.5 version that I downloaded a few days ago and kept in my download folder. I don't know how to find older version of the flirc software on the website.

I agree with iJeffrey.  Without a past firmware repository, there is no real backout plan if a firmware upgrade introduces issues...especially if you are in a situation like I am, where I just received a brand new Flirc, and it has 2.2 on it.   I currently se no way for me to backrev.  Unfortunately, I do not have the luxury that zidera did of going to my download folder for a previous version...I just purchased the product.

I just tried it and it works. There might be a usb button problem. Leave the flirc plugged into your raspbmc, then hold the arrow key down. After about 5-10 seconds flirc will register and start working. I'll look into it. I've let the rpi sit for 24/hours, came back, and it worked without the initial 5-10 second hicup.

Leave the flirc plugged into your raspbmc, then hold the arrow key down. After about 5-10 seconds flirc will register and start working.

That is great news Jason.  Can you help a newbie...I'm confused re. which arrow key you are referring to.

Looking forward to the functionality!

thanks!

ok i can confirm that i got it to work. i have no clue what buttons i pressed! it took 5 minutes the first time. Then i replugged it back into my extension and I had to do the same thing again. This time it took about a minute. again no clue what buttons i pressed. So definitly not great. needs tweaking but usable now! this will throw a lot of people off.

press lots of buttons for a long time. it will finally work. trust me! yeah.. it is frustrating though!

I tried this last night for a good half hour pressing various buttons on my remote, holdinh them down for varying lengths of time.  I could not get it to work on my raspbmc.  

So is there no way to get a copy of ver 2.1 while this is getting fixed?

thanks.