Flirc Forums

Flirc not remembering keys

k2man

I have flirc with firmware version 2.0 and the latest software.  The device worked fine for a while and now it has stopped remembering keys - it goes through with the normal learning process confirms that the key has been stored - but in the end the key is not remembered and the remote/software.  would appreciate any help

Batteries and remote are good, been using it for 2 weeks, no issues

started with windows not recognizing the driver - had to use zadiag to get the driver loaded.

since that post I have done a flirc_util format - reprogrammed the keys - 

flirc_util space shows correct number of keys, but nothing happens when you press the keys.

when you go in the gui - try to program a key that is in use you get the correct message saying that key is in use.

but pressing the key has no effect.  They keys are recognized while being programmed but pressing them afterwards has no effect.

Hi, I have the same problem. The GUI doesn´t save any changes anymore. If I try to delete or reprogram any buttons, the messages from the GUI are fine, but everything stays the same. Any changes to the Advanced Settings, like Sleep Detection and the Inter-Key Delay aren't saved as well. Even after clearing the whole configuration, all keys are still mapped as before.

Running Windows 8.1 and using a Harmony 650 with FLIRC-Profile btw. Already tried running FLIRC as administrator and reinstalling FLIRC, didn't help.

Windows 8.1 isn't supported at the moment. I still have to get my own copy. I'll add notice to the downloads sections.

K2man. If the keys are not working but they say already recorded in the GUI, close the GUI. It shouldn't be opened in normal use. If that doesn't work, close it, restart, unplug/plug the device.

Well, Windows 8.1 doesn't seem to be the problem. I tried to format FLIRC on my Windows 7 machine, same result. Can't remap keys, can't delete or change buttons, can't do anything really.

Just found this it looks Iike many users have the same problem. Any solution in sight?

Can you record some stuff, then when it forgets, record it again, and upload your config.

Can you also try another remote. I'll give this more attention as soon as I squash these rather severe bugs in the GUI.