Flirc Forums

flirc stops working

imbeta

Hi All,

Although I've been a long time user, this is actually my first post, which is proof my flirc has worked very well for a long time :-)

So my issue is that from time to time, the flirc loses the configuration on shutdown/startup so I have to unplug it, go to my windows machine (I'm using it in an OpenElec media center), re-program it and plug it back to my media center.

This issue has happened more and more frequently lately, up to the point in which it barely lasts a couple of reboots.

Is it possible flirc has died? How could I check?

Which version of the firmware are you using? It could be your remote losing battery life. Flirc is so timing sensitive, as the signals drift over time, that would trigger re-learning.

Save the configuration in a known working state, then when it breaks, save it again and post both files.

What's your firmware version?

Sounds weird, but I have somewhat the same problem for a couple of days. I have been using Flirc in my mediacenter for a year now, suddently a couple of days ago, it started acting up. Have to pull it out and back in or move it to other USB ports, to make it work again, every time I start up the mediacenter. After a while it will stop working again, can be 5 minutes, can be 60 minutes, totally random.

Take it out and back in, and it works again for a while.

My FW is 1.0. Wanted to try a new firmware, but none of the links are working

Which version of the firmware are you using? It could be your remote losing battery life. Flirc is so timing sensitive, as the signals drift over time, that would trigger re-learning.

Save the configuration in a known working state, then when it breaks, save it again and post both files.

What's your firmware version?

OK, I just downloaded and installed v1.08. I have attached a working configuration file (flirc_config_working.fcfg)

Dongle firmware is v1.0 (attached)

This is what I did to 'break it':

1. reboot > still working
  2. power-off and power on > still working
  3. Let openelec show the screen saver > broken
  4. reboot to test > still broken

I have also attached the not-working configuration file (flirc_config_not_working.fcfg).

It took me less than 40min to break it.

flirc_config_not_working.fcfg

flirc_config_working.fcfg

fw_1.0.bin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi ...

i have a similar problem with my flirc, but my flirc only stop working when i disconnect my media pc from the power supply (e.g. when i got to bed). The next time i start my htpc it doesn't work, i have to unplug it, go to the pc, re-program it and plug it back to my media center.

Is it a problem with the software or hardware (maybe it would help to change the flirc with a new one)?

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought a flirc today and i'm using it on a macbook pro running bootcamp windows 7 x64.   I'm getting the same issue as it isn't recognized after waking up from sleep.  Sometimes it works and other times a full restart plus unplugging is required.  I'm using a logitech harmony one with the flirc profile.

Firmware Version 2.3

Flirc v 1.2.2

Any help would be appreciated!

I just bought a flirc today and i'm using it on a macbook pro running bootcamp windows 7 x64.   I'm getting the same issue as it isn't recognized after waking up from sleep.  Sometimes it works and other times a full restart plus unplugging is required.  I'm using a logitech harmony one with the flirc profile.

Firmware Version 2.3

Flirc v 1.2.2

Any help would be appreciated!

Try installing this driver. https://flirc.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/200712548-Using-the-ZADIG-Utility