Flirc Forums

bootldr

cookem

Just got my new flirc and tried to upgrade firmware with 1.0.0-rc.6. The program froze and windows re-detected my flirc as bootldr and the driver install failed. I tried manually installing the driver in windows but not luck. Now the flirc software will not detect it. Any suggestions? 

Ok guys, getting very frustrated here.  i've tried every trick and reinstall that I can find here in the forums and nothing seems to be working.  My device is only recognized in the Device Manager as bootldr.  It will not let me reinstall any drivers even though I have followed every tip I could find on here.  DId I brick this thing?  Is it dead?  Do I need to return it and be done with it?

Ok guys, getting very frustrated here.  i've tried every trick and reinstall that I can find here in the forums and nothing seems to be working.  My device is only recognized in the Device Manager as bootldr.  It will not let me reinstall any drivers even though I have followed every tip I could find on here.  DId I brick this thing?  Is it dead?  Do I need to return it and be done with it?

I've fixed this but I haven't finished my packaging scripts.

Just follow up with me at support@flirc.tv and I will send you a binary to fix this.

I published the mac version, and will follow up with the windows and linux versions shortly.

• 1 month later...

I've fixed this but I haven't finished my packaging scripts.

Just follow up with me at support@flirc.tv and I will send you a binary to fix this.

I published the mac version, and will follow up with the windows and linux versions shortly.

Hello - just received my first flirc yesterday, and I'm experiencing exactly the same issue.  Device Manager only shows the device as bootldr, and I'm getting 'no driver found' when Windows attempts to install a driver.

Jason - I"ll email you at the address above, but wondered if you have an update.  Has this fix been incorporated into the downloads on the site?  The installer version shows as 1.2.0, although the filename is simply 'Flirc.exe' on the download link...

Thanks,

Steve

• 10 months later...

Hi Jason

Sending you an email as well

I am having the same problem on a Windows 7 machine

"Device Driver was not successfully installed"

bootldr  X no driver found

I used a fresh download of the Latest Release Flirc Setup.exe [v1.3.

The GUI will launch but it says Disconnected and I dont see a Firmware version

Thanks