Flirc Forums

Any Updates on Logitech Harmony + Flirc Profile + XBMC?

v0va

I just got my Flirc and set it up using the Flirc Profile in the Logitech Harmony One Software for Harmony One.

Everything is working great! Even the context and the info menu which was a huge issue for me! 

I need to configure three more command but I'm not sure how to do them. 

- Launch XBMC

- Close XBMC

- Shutdown PC

How do I go about doing them? I don't see many updates on this topic since the profile was released in the summer . I've tried using the keyboard short cuts but I'm getting errors left and right of the buttons already being used and such, yet I can't select them in the Harmony software. Any help would be greatly appreciated! This would make my HTPC complete.

• 2 weeks later...

I never respond when I see posts about Harmony profiles because I don't have one, but I guess I don't see what's stopping you from mapping any unmapped button on your Harmony to the ESC key using the full keyboard view in the Flirc GUI, or the flirc utility's record function from a command line.  Does the Harmony not send IR codes on undefined buttons or something?

Does the Harmony not send IR codes on undefined buttons or something?

Correct.

You have to map a command to the virtual button using myharmony then sync it. Otherwise the button won't send anything when pressed.

I haven't checked in on the status of the Flirc harmony profile but last time I checked it didn't allow custom (almost 'placeholder') buttons that the user could map a function to (as existing functions are premapped in flirc firmware)

I never respond when I see posts about Harmony profiles because I don't have one, but I guess I don't see what's stopping you from mapping any unmapped button on your Harmony to the ESC key using the full keyboard view in the Flirc GUI, or the flirc utility's record function from a command line.  Does the Harmony not send IR codes on undefined buttons or something?

I would like to map the Guide button on my Harmony 550 (which I don't use for anything in XBMC) to ESC, which would bring me back to the Home screen.

You have to define the buttons in the Harmony software to do "something" otherwise no code is sent. When I try to set the Guide button in the Harmony software to one of the available Flirc buttons I don't use (Red/Green/Blue) and then map that in the Flirc software, it always says Button Exists. This happens if I use the XBMC controller or the full keyboard. If ESC was a choice in Flirc profile in the Harmony software, I could just choose that for the Guide button and be done. I hope I'm explaining this correctly.

I was trying basically the same thing with no luck. Mine didn't say anything about the button existing (it connected just fine), but it never seemed to actually work. Also, I was trying to set the Home button to the Menu button on my Harmony, but then it was causing other buttons to stop working (submitted bug report here: ).

Correct.

You have to map a command to the virtual button using myharmony then sync it. Otherwise the button won't send anything when pressed.

Got it.  It's a bit frustrating that the remote that's supposed to be the easiest, most advanced and universal remote out there actually makes it harder to do things a very basic multi-device remote will do in this particular case.  Thanks for the explanation.

I'm also having issues trying to bind other buttons.. IE: I want to bind a button on the remote (red button) to the delete button.. I also want to add another button to f12 as thats the button that ive configured that will switch between mythtv and xbmc.

I keep getting button already exists when i try setup theses buttons.. any idea why?

Here is a list with some other Topics regarding Flirc native XBMC profile for Harmony remotes:

Harmony XBMC Profile Issue: 

"Button already recorded", "No more space for new buttons", incorrect keys mapped: 

XBMC Home BUtton: 

Harmony remote profile - more commands: 

Flirc Harmony Profile: 

Harmony full keyboard profile: 

Harmony confusion -- which programming method to use?: