Flirc Forums

RCA RCRP05BR remote - cheapest

offroad

Just want to mention after some research am finding the RCRP05BR remote by RCA as the least expensive full function remote.  It is a learning remote and it can be used to with a cable to be programmed (forget those cables names, but they are a standard).

Can be found at all Walmarts for $15 or if you order via Amazon less than $10.

have not used it with my FLIRC but expect no issues.  Everything else is so much more expensive.

was going to need to program every button of my RCA remote as I suggested above.  That is about 30 buttons.  would take me forever.  so now am thinking maybe the harmony is not a bad choice.  still priced at $40 to $80 used to new prices.

Am going about this wrong.  I just need to find a profile for my remote, that emulates all the buttons of XBMC.  Then program the FLIRC to accept all those buttons.  Anyone have a suggested profile for a generic remote, that has all the XBMC buttons, without being XBMC itself?  maybe I can find a satelitte reciever like DISH NETWORK or DIRECT TV and use an emulated remote for that on the RCA remote (since I do not have the satelite dish networks).  Will attempt that tonight.

Am doing this because I have an XBMC computer already next to my HDTV (it can do WINDOWS MEDIA CENTER, and flash capable browser apps too); but I want an OUYA as well as a backup XBMC machine.