Flirc Forums

map key to disable sending of remote commands until its pressed again

fxr

Hi,

I have been using my FLIRC device on a few devices for a couple of years including Ras Pi's and currently my Pivos Xios DS box with largely great success. Its arguably the best money I have spent in all my HTPCing days

I have had this one little issue that has been bugging me though.

As I want to get towards having one remote for all my devices, i.e TV (on/off, Source, volume basically all i need), a TV/Sat Receiver Box (BT Vision atm) and my XBMC box.

I have nearly got this setup exactly how I want except for the fact when I am issuing commands to my TV/Sat receiver box (while on another HDMI port) via the remote, XBMC is still getting these commands and 'doing stuff' that I don't particularly want it to be doing.

Can anyone think of or offer some options for a way round this? - I don't believe I have the ability to sleep/wake up via a remote on the DS - my feeling is to try to find a way to somehow disable FLIRC/XBMC from accepting remote commands on a button press.. until that button is hit again. 

Is that a feasible plan? and if so, can anyone offer some direction on how I would go about making it happen? - or do I have any other options?

Thanks,

Yup, still going to put it in. I need enough feedback no the current feature-set before implementing more. I really haven't gotten that much feedback and what I have gotten has been mixed being hard to distinguish if these were new problems, or problems people are now reporting on the beta.