Flirc Forums

I'm struggling!

psykix

I'm struggling to figure how I need to set this up...

I have Flirc, Harmony One and Mediaportal (and the list of keyboard commands for Mediaportal)

I want to be able to just assign keyboard commands to buttons on the remote - I used to do this through the Harmony software when I used a MCE IR receiver, and used a Media Center Keyboard as the device.

How do I do it now? Can I just select a keyboard device in the harmony software?

Thanks!

Hi psykix, welcome to the forums,

You're over complicating it. It doesn't matter what you program the remote buttons as because you're telling Flirc what to translate those buttons into what keyboard press.

See our harmony thread in the "getting started" subforum then try programming Flirc using the keyboard layout (matching them to the media portal shortcuts)

Let me know if there's any problems :)

I think I got my head around it lying in bed last night!

At the moment, I have the Harmony programmed with the XBMC profile as I was using that. It still mostly works in Mediaportal.

Some buttons are wrong however - so do I just leave the Harmony as it is and reprogram the Flirc to correspond to the right keys? Can I just reprogram a couple of keys without affecting the rest of the buttons?

Cheers!

This is driving me potty now.

I downloaded the RC3 software and now it recognises button presses on my remote.

I did a clear config and then tried to learn a key (up arrow) but it said it already existed?

I also tried on a windows machine and get the same error. I tried the automated learning thing - that crashed on the 3rd key!

It also crashed on my Macbook Pro.

I plugged the Flirc back in the Windows machine and all the buttons still work as they did before, so I presume it didn't actually clear the configuration? I tried to clear it on both Mac & Windows..

Any ideas?