Flirc Forums

XBMC observations from a new FLIRC owner.

I setup my FLIRC today and although it was pretty straightforward, I made some observations that may help other new owners.

Firstly, the GUI needs to come with just a few more instructions. Simple things like, do the remote commands immediately become active or do I have to 'save' the config...or is saving the config simply a backup? (I know all this now but it wasn't obvious at first)

The full keyboard has a key labelled 'DELETE' where the backspace should be. Delete and backspace AREN'T the same thing and when looking to program the XBMC function assigned to the backspace key, it's a bit confusing.

Also, some of the icons/keys on the XBMC programming screen in the GUI aren't obvious (for example, what's the key with 2 small letter Cs on it mean?) and could do with some tool tips which appear when the mouse hovers over a key, stating what that key does.

Hey, I'm a complete noob at this so if any of the above is nonsense or I'm missing something, just say. :)

Just noticed that the delete/backspace thing was raised in November 2011! Come on guys, great product but surely £25 each should mean you have some time for small improvements like that?

Correct.

We were focusing on improving a firmware issue, this then was going to require a new Flirc GUI which was meant to out relatively quickly but other issues came up.

Basically we should have released a bug fix but got caught up in other flirc work.

Should also mention that this isn't mine or Jason's full time job: http://www.flirc.tv/fundraising/

We will get it sorted. Is your Flirc ok otherwise?