Flirc Forums

Can you configure Fire Tv Cube remote to work with the FLIRC?

Langis

I have a Fire Tv Cube that I mostly use to turn on my TV and Receiver and switch them to the correct inputs. I mostly use my HTPC for everything. My plan is:

1. Plug the Flirc into my HTPC

2. Program the Flirc to understand Fire Tv Remote's button presses (e.g. HTCP controls, left, right, up, down, enter, back, etc...)

Use case is:

Use Fire Tv remote to turn on TV and switch inputs (this is using Fire Tv Cube's functions), then use Fire Tv remote to interface with my HTPC. Is that possible?

Edited by Langis

• 3 months later...
On 4/22/2022 at 12:38 PM, Langis said:

Use Fire Tv remote to turn on TV and switch inputs (this is using Fire Tv Cube's functions), then use Fire Tv remote to interface with my HTPC. Is that possible?

Seems like the problem with this method is that you couldn't stop the Fire TV from listening, so every command you sent to the HTPC would also go to the Fire TV. 

Easier solution is to use a universal remote, like the Skip 1s by Flirc, then use that to control everything. Then the Fire TV and HTPC could each have unique commands.