Flirc Forums

Lounge media setup

Dan110024

I've finished my Fathers setup recently.. Media PC enclosed in a SilverStone ML03 case. 120GB solid state HDD for the system and a 3TB HDD for media and a TV tuner card. Low power i3 CPU and a run of the mill Asus motherboard. Controlled by a Harmony 650 remote pushing commands to the Flirc receiver.

Nothing too special, just a clean simple setup which gets the job done for Mum and Dad. The Flirc receiver is connected to a USB extension cable and sits hidden away in the gap on top of the computer. Picks up the signal just fine.

XBMC for movies and downloaded TV shows and WMC for live TV. I've setup Couch Potato with the bookmark which allows them to browse IMDB and add movies to Couch Potato directly from the IMDB page. Movies are post processed after download and moved into the XBMC folder. Sickbeard is also in operation.

post-7383-0-80679200-1374925731_thumb.jp

post-7383-0-49625000-1374925736_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Very nice media stand there.   

I bet you blew your parents' minds with the whole downloading movies thing.

That is nice. My XBMC box broke so i'll just oggle this set up then buy a cheap android box and regret it!

Running an old PC of mine for now while I wait for Utilite to launch.  The thing just seems like a beefed up Pi, so porting over should be simple enough for those with the know-how

• 1 month later...

Very nice media stand there.   

I bet you blew your parents' minds with the whole downloading movies thing.

Haha yeah they do enjoy it. I still have to step in and help out half the time though.

Hi. very nice setup.

I assume that in the pictures, you are showing XBMC running? If so, what skin are you using in XBMC ?

Yep, XBMC 12. The skin is called Ace.