Flirc Forums

Dishnetwork Remote 40.0 UHF 2g - 186217 Not working

jadog

Hello,

I have a newer dishnetwork Hopper Remote it says 40.0 UHF 2g - 186217 on the back and I cannot seem to be able to get this to work.  The very best I have got was the ability to move up, down, and to the right.
I set me remote to Aux and have gone through all the programming options. From the basic one to the XBMC and Windows media center. and no luck.
Does anyone have any tricks or ideas to get this working?
Thanks, Jason

post-7286-0-14685300-1373762343_thumb.jp

post-7286-0-07360100-1373762344_thumb.jp

• Like 1

I am using the same remote. I set Aux to a Panasonic DVD code in the hopper remote menu (something I knew would not be duplicating codes to any of my other equipment) but only a few of the keys would work. In the end I had to go back into the the hopper menu and learn codes to most of my keys from old remotes I had laying around the house. It took a lot of trial and error to get all the keys to work without duplicates plus sometime flirc would say the key was already in use even though I knew there was no duplication so I would have to relearn the key to another code. It was a hassle but I finally got every key to work. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately I haven't got Flirc to work with any of my remotes. It wont work on any dishnet remotes and the best I have got from a media center remote was the right button and enter to work.
Seriously disappointed.
I gave it some time updated everything today and spen5t 3 more hours to realize Im still getting no where. Is it possible I have bad hardware?
What would cause it to only go right?

I gave it some time updated everything today and spen5t 3 more hours to realize Im still getting no where. Is it possible I have bad hardware?

It is possible. I'll highlight the thread to Jason and hopefully he'll pick up on it soon.

I think the best way to get Jason to look into it is contact support@flirc.tv and reference this thread in your email - this way is more organised for him I think

• 4 weeks later...