Flirc Forums

Different key hash for same remote button

knilch

Hi,

I tried to program a Windows MCE remote. After learning i.e. button up, I noticed that only every second remote button press was recognized as UP. So I programmed the button again. That did the trick.

I then changed to flirc_utility and did a format command. Then I recorded UP with the command utility and listed the result via KEYS command. It says HASH B47CA919 up. Then I recorded same button UP again and did another listing. No there are 2 commands:

B47CA919 up

F3B14639 up

Same remote, same button, two hashes. I think that is the reason for my initial problem that only every second button press worked. But is this a normal bevahiour? Why are there 2 hashes for the same key recognized? Another MCE remote ended up with the same result.

Bug or feature?

Regards

Knilch

P.S.: I use the latest development RC2 package.

Bug or feature?

You decide :)

Microsoft remotes alternate between two different frequencies (for lack of a better word): 

I think Jason mentioned something about adding a feature to flirc so users wouldn't have to program each one. It's not a priority at the moment as the work around is easy enough.

At first I want to apologize for not reading the sticky thread in which the problem is already listed :-(

Both remotes are using the RC6 protocol. The first one is a Philips remote that came with my OrigenAE case, see http://www.cohaus-berlin.de/mce/srm5100.jpg

The other one is a Xbox 360 Media Remote, see http://www.amazon.de/Xbox-360-Media-Remote-Fernbedienung/dp/B005F28GYU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1373263061&sr=8-1&keywords=xbox+remote

Regards

Knilch