Flirc Forums

XBMC colored buttons

marama

My LG TV/remote has very bad CEC support and there is no way to make use of colored buttons (red, green, yellow, blue) so I purchased flirc in order I could make use of those buttons, too. Only using flirc is not working well because remote control triggers TV functions if not in CEC mode so I need to run CEC and Flirc simultaniously. But that's not an issue here.

My question is:

how can I map for example the red button on my remote to trigger a function in XBMC - through Flirc. The XBMC configuration doesen't show the function for downloading subtitles, how can I get a custom key in the configuration? I know how it works on the XBMC side (remote.xml, <red>...</red>), but how can I get Flirc to assign the red button on my remote to red mapping in XBMC?

tia

P.S. am still using 0.96, would I need to upgrade to beta?

Hi Tia, welcome to the forums,

The XBMC configuration doesen't show the function for downloading subtitles, how can I get a custom key in the configuration?

Easiest way is to switch to "full keyboard" layout when programming flirc and find the shortcut to downloading subtitles (http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Keyboard_controls)

If the function isn't in the default XBMC install keyboard shortcuts then you'll have to add it to keyboard.xml (not remote.xml) - there's a thread on it here: 

You don't need to upgrade to beta firmware

Any further questions just post back on this thread :)