Flirc Forums

Need help programming original MiBox

m1964

Hi all,

I am trying to program URC MX-780 to power up/wake up my original MiBox (manually downgraded back to Android 8.0).

After initial Xiaomi faulty upgrade of their MiBoxes (that made the box unstable and often unresponsive), I went back to using Roku which the MX-780 controls just fine.

However, there is one custom app that cannot be loaded on Roku (Russian TV service that my mother watches).

I was going to throw away the MiBox but found the tutorial on downgrading it back to original FW which worked and now I have fully functioning MiBox.

I managed to upload Xiaomi Hex codes on the MX-780 and the remote controls the box just fine EXCEPT for the "power" command.

The "Power Off" Hex code works just fine but I was unable to get "power ON" command to work.

The same command ("Power ON") works 100 % of the time from the original BT remote.

So I bought a USB Flirc hoping that I will be able to program it to reliably turn On the MiBox.

Unfortunately, it was not the case: I tried programming under Kodi, Shield, Windows (wake command)- nothing worked so far.

Have anyone managed to program gen.1 (original) MiBox to turn On/Off reliably using Flirc?

If yes, what did you do?

Thanks

Hi Jason,

spent about 2 hours trying to program the "Power ON" command:

NO GO

The command worked only for "Power OFF" but not for "power ON" when I programmed the button under Shield G.2 or media Keys controllers.

Interestingly, that the list of IR Hex codes for MiBox contains a Hex code for discrete "Power OFF" that works every time on MX-780  but the Hex code for "Power ON" does not work well at all- it may work one time in 10-20 tries...

Too bad - the MiBox ticks all my boxes otherwise.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 5/14/2022 at 11:04 AM, dannylie12 said:

Hi all, I am studying in matric and after secondary education, I want to learn to program practically. Please suggest to me the best way of online learning for me and where to start as well.

I appreciate your insightful exploration of the issue regarding shifting into first gear, particularly the nuanced detail about the problem occurring specifically after shifting into neutral at a stop. Your clarity in describing the scenario adds value to readers facing similar challenges with their vehicles. It's refreshing to find a student with a passion for both automotive matters and effective communication. Your dedication to sharing knowledge not only helps fellow enthusiasts but also showcases your adept writing skills. Keep up the excellent work! By the way, if you ever need assistance with ensuring the originality of your writing, you might find this plagiarism checker tool useful: (https://essaypro.com/plagiarism-checker).

Thanks for the information!  

Edited by methodolog