Flirc Forums

PageUp/Down bug in GUI under various layouts

Ashardis

Hey there.

I just experienced some visually confusing stuff in the GUI.

If you select any other controller than "Minimalist", you can move the key layout up and down by pressing Page Up/Down.

It doesn't seem to conflict with anything, it's just annoying when you're trying to program the remote with PageUp/PageDown and it subtracts from the "user experience".

post-6172-0-25117000-1370101255_thumb.pn

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for answering, Chris - I've been on hols, so couldn't reply. I'll give the feedback here, you can move it to a more relevant forum/trim this post as you please.

I have actually had a fair amount of trouble with the flirc. I can program it wonderfully easy and put it to use with no problems.

Then.. after 3-6 hours of use, one of the buttons will "stick". Eg. I watch a few movies, then I push left on the remote and flirc sends out left endlessly. If I then press something else, eg. right or any other key that I've programmed in, THAT key repeats itself endlessly. I can get flirc to repeat any of the programmed buttons endlessly in this mode.

I could understand if there was some spurios IR signals that got in and triggered one key, but repeating whatever keypress I send to it endlessly, for me, suggests that there's a problem.

I can then take the flirc out of the USB port, wait until the next day, clear + re-program the flirc and it will work again for some hours until it gets stuck again.

I initially used my flirc on a 10m buffered/powered USB extension cable and I thought the misc error was because of power problems. I then put the flirc directly into a mobo usb port for testing/programming and it exhibited the same behaviour.

I am using firmware 1.00 and GUI 0.96 (as delivered by MannMadeMediaCentres) and I have not yet tried to upgrade the firmware/GUI as I can see people have had mixed results with this via this forum.

At this point in time, I am awaiting the finished firmware and new programmer utility as I hope this will fix my problem.

Just to clarify : I am using flirc on a windows pc, not R-Pi or any exotic creature.

Okies - I plugged the flirc back in and right away it started simulating keypresses even with the remote being off (batteries removed).

I managed to load up the GUI and flash the flirc with the V1.0 firmware.

then I cleared contents and recorded the remote signals and for now it's working fine. I'll be back with edits/additional posts later tonight (9:24am here in Denmark) once it's had a chance to repeat its bad behaviour, but fingers crossed!