Flirc Forums

Flirc bricks on restoring previous configuration

doshch

Received my Flirc a couple of days ago. At first I had troubles assigning keys, switched from .96 to .95 version. But had issues. Then I saved one config and when tried to restore it, my Flirc stopped responding. I had to use my old PC with Win XP, attached Flirc, it appeared only for a second. I tried to catch that moment and clear the config, then moved to Win 7 and it worked. Sometimes I have to assigned keys a few times in a row. The product is untested and that's a fact. Hope you guys will work out some kind of solution. Also mute button for XBMC doesn't work, as well as power button. No skip chapter button and I had to assign C key for context. menu.

• Like 1

Hi doshch, welcome to the forums 

The product is untested and that's a fact.

I'm pretty certain this isn't the case. Jason tests every one he sends out - rarely they turn bad but we don't leave customers hanging if they do.

The software and firmware sometimes has it's quirks and we do respond to customer feedback - Flirc is a small project that we work on (in addition to full time jobs) though so it takes a bit longer.

Sometimes I have to assigned keys a few times in a row.

Some remotes toggle between frequencies - obviously flirc will need to know what frequency/frequencies you want to do what. Remote control examples include MCE remotes.

mute button

Just checked this. Don't know why but it's mapped to "i"

Incidentally I couldn't see a key for mute in the XBMC wiki, so it looks like we would remove the mute key.

There isn't a chapter skip button but as you've figured out you can switch to keyboard view and do it there for the moment (Skip chapter forwards = "]" and back is "[") 

But after all this you're up and running?

"(Skip chapter forwards = "]" and back is "[")"

For some reason it's vice versa. [ is forward, ] is back but not the chapter, just moves video playback +10 (or so) sec.

And yesterday I've encountered another issue. My Flirc just stooped working all of a sudden. For no obvious reason. I had to reprogram it late at night. Restarted my RPi, and after a couple of minutes it did the very same thing, just stopped recognizing signals from my remote. Didn't bother to test it again. I'm kind of disappointed. It's hard to program, I literally have to assign buttons a few times to get them to map properly and sometime Flirc assigns (o_0) buttons for itself. I have to admit, it's kind of confusing.

"(Skip chapter forwards = "]" and back is "[")"

For some reason it's vice versa. [ is forward, ] is back but not the chapter, just moves video playback +10 (or so) sec.

Sorry I got it mixed up. But those are the shortcuts, see XBMC wiki:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Keyboard

Perhaps you don't have chapters in your video file.

And yesterday I've encountered another issue. My Flirc just stooped working all of a sudden. For no obvious reason. I had to reprogram it late at night. Restarted my RPi, and after a couple of minutes it did the very same thing, just stopped recognizing signals from my remote. Didn't bother to test it again. I'm kind of disappointed.

Did you experience these issues on your windows computer too.

I would say 9/10 times the issues with flirc and the raspberry pi can be attributed to the power supply not supplying the required amount of current.