Flirc Forums

A faster remote

purpleman

Hello everyone.

Can anyone recommend a universal remote control that works FAST with flirc?

I'm currently using a harmony 300 remote which, of course, works perfectly, but there is a slight delay between key presses (even if the inter-key delay and inter-device delay are set to 0).

This means that if I'm browsing a list on xbmc and want to go down 3 entries, I press 3 times on the down-arrow key, but the keys are registered slower than the speed I clicked on the remote (like they're queuing and  being processed one at a time with a 100ms delay in between).

Is there any remote that will give me the same effect as a wireless keyboard (pressing 3 times the down arrow works immediately)?

Thanks.

I also have the Harmony 300, I downloaded the new gui/cli tool and firmware, it flashed fine. But I do not see a new xbmc setting in the flirc gui for this. Also I do not see an XBMC or Media Center PC option on myharmony.com

I didn't try it yet, however I don't think it would change anything. I think the speed of the keystrokes is a hardware limitation of the remote.

I would say it's worth a try before spending anymore money - it's been tuned to the harmony remote so if that's not snappy enough for you the issue is definitely with the harmony.

Can't hurt to try.

As far as speed is concerned the Official XBMC remote for android is by far the quickest responding remote i've used. Although I have haptic feedback on my phone the lack of physical buttons is the reason I prefer using a remote control and Flirc.

Sorry about that - we'll try to make it more obvious what needs to be done when it goes stable.

What do you think though, better responding?

Yes it does respond alot better, still a touch of lag, that I think only us nerds will notice. It got me the WAF, so I am working on getting the other 4 XMBC boxes setup. So I will be ordering more FLIRC's and Harmony's this week. 

Yes it does respond alot better, still a touch of lag, that I think only us nerds will notice. It got me the WAF, so I am working on getting the other 4 XMBC boxes setup. So I will be ordering more FLIRC's and Harmony's this week. 

Awesome stuff :)