Flirc Forums

XBMC Control - Add missing essential key(s)

ptr727

Hi, new FLIRC user, just received 4 units.

I am trying to get reliable XBMC/openELEC control using URC MX-890 remotes.

I am using Zotac ZBOX ID84 machines, they do come with USB IR receivers, but the URC Complete Control programming app does not include a standard MCE profile that works with the Zotac IR remote.

I did learn program the remote, but its operation is unreliable, especially the play and up keys.

I am trying to use FLIRC and as recommended in the Harmony Remote thread, I am using a Panasonic TC-P65VT30 remote as template.

Seems to work ok, but I am missing a few useful buttons that are present on the Zotac MCE remote, and most other MCE remotes.

MCE button: Go to XBMC / MCE home page.

Power on button: Wake the machine from sleep.

Power off button: Put the machine to sleep.

Context button (c key): Context menu.

Info button (i key): Item info or OSD info

OSD button (o key): On screen display and diagnostic info 

I did see the two threads on power commands, but since openELEC/XBMC and Windows MCE work out of the box with the MCE remote power on/off buttons, I'm wondering if it is not possible to implement whatever native power wake/sleep commands are already supported?

Thx

P.

• Like 1

I am trying to use FLIRC and as recommended in the Harmony Remote thread, I am using a Panasonic TC-P65VT30 remote as template.

Seems to work ok, but I am missing a few useful buttons that are present on the Zotac MCE remote, and most other MCE remotes.

MCE button: Go to XBMC / MCE home page.

Power on button: Wake the machine from sleep.

Power off button: Put the machine to sleep.

Context button (c key): Context menu.

Info button (i key): Item info or OSD info

OSD button (o key): On screen display and diagnostic info 

As in missing the physical keys (on your remote) or in the flirc programming software?

I did see the two threads on power commands, but since openELEC/XBMC and Windows MCE work out of the box with the MCE remote power on/off buttons, I'm wondering if it is not possible to implement whatever native power wake/sleep commands are already supported?

Programming Flirc to send "s" will bring up the shutdown menu.

Wake from sleep is still in the beta forums (but seems to be going quite well) Check out:  for more info on that.

Hi, I meant that the default MCE and XBMC screen keyboard layouts could/should include these buttons.

I.e. show all buttons that are commonly found on MCE style remotes, and automatically map them to the correct commands/keystrokes.

E.g. MCE button will take you to main screen in MCE and XBMC, there is an explicit WM_COMMAND for that, or windows key + alt + enter.

P.

Oh, I see.

In the meantime you can use the "Full keyboard" layout... although the windows key isn't in the GUI (yet) so it would have to be command line: 

I'll move this thread to "suggestions" part of the forum (sorry for bouncing this thread around)

• 4 weeks later...

I just got mine and set it up yesterday. The Context Menu © key was the only one that took me a while to figure out. I switched over to full keyboard and set it up there, it just took me a minute to figure out what key I needed. All that to say, I would also like to see Context Menu on the XBMC configuration window in the future as well.