Flirc Forums

flirc_util bug

LewisPattJr

Just bought a Gen 2, and after installing the software I tried to use the command line utility and found that there seems to be a bug in how the command line is parsed.  Every time I try to use the utility, no matter what I put after the executable name I receive the same error message:

• [E] lib/libcmds/cmds.c run_cmd(275): could not find command 'flirc_util'

Looks like it is considering the name of the executable as the parameter.  I double-checked by renaming the executable to 'help.exe', and sure enough I got the output I would have expected from 'flirc_util help'.

I renamed it to 'version.exe' and I appear to have version 3.25.3-16-g28e8a01+.  I'm running Windows 10.

Is this something that can be looked at for the next software release?  Alternatively, am I being very thick-headed and doing something amazingly wrong?

Thanks!

Edited by LewisPattJr
Forgot to specify my OS.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally found a work-around.

Apparently the first section of the command line is disregarded and not interpreted as a command if and only if it equals flirc_util.exe.  I was using flirc_util <command>, not flirc_util.exe <command>.

Everything works exactly as expected when including the .exe extension.

Maybe this could eventually be adjusted to handle both cases (with and without the .exe extension)?  Just a suggestion.