Jump to content
Flirc Forums

Very inconsistent with a bizarre twist


Recommended Posts

I hope it's ok to post the issue here, wasn't sure which area would be best. So to start, here's my setup. I just bought a new Flirc USB dongle and I'm running Windows 10 and Kodi 18.9. I hoping to use a One For All Streamer remote: https://www.oneforall-canada.ca/en-ca/universal-remotes/urc-7935-streamer-remote

So my actual issue is that this and basically any other remote I've used is wildly unresponsive. Programming the remote all goes smoothly, but actually using it is anything but smooth. For example if I hit up 10 times, it might register only once.

So here's the bizarre twist. I wanted to film this just to show how unresponsive it is, but I can't because every time I point my camera at my TV, the remote/dongle start working perfectly. If I point the camera away from the TV, turn the camera off, or if the camera goes into standby mode by timing out (just shuts the lens off) it becomes unresponsive again. I don't have to be filming, as long as my phone can see my TV through the lens, everything works perfectly. I can reproduce this 100% of the time I try it.

I don't really know if that's a clue of any kind, but I find it incredibly odd either way and obviously I can't just point my camera at the TV every time I want to use the remote so it doesn't really matter anyways.

I've also uploaded a log from the Flirc program of my hitting one of the arrow buttons (can't remember which one now, I did this last night) over and over again in case something looks odd there. I've noticed that even though the remote is not consistent, a button press is logged every single time I press a button, so it seems like the app knows I'm hitting a button, but it's not always translating into the button press I told it be.

Thanks for any help, it's all appreciated

my_flirc_log.txt

Edited by peachey777
Spelling mistakes
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I think it's all good now. I saw in another thread that someone mentioned USB selective suspend. I googled that and disabled it, and I also went into the device manager and disabled "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" on each usb controller and hub. After that it seems perfect.

EDIT: Here's the page where I found how to do these things in case someone else is having similar issues. https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/support-software/How-to-Disable-USB-Selective-Suspend-1190/

 

Edited by peachey777
Added a link
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...